Country landscapes with a flatten morph

Landscapes with a flatten morph would be really useful for integrating other props. I tried placing the wonderful Home Deluxe within the breathtaking Autumn Easy Elnvironment, but the hilly surface worked against me. Also, please include night skies along with the daytime sky. Thanks

Home Deluxe and Autumn Easy Environment.jpg
1339 x 821 - 157K

Comments

• Mr_ EMr_ E Posts: 68

This could have been beautiful if I could have leveled the terrain.

Home Deluxe and Autumn Easy Environment - B.jpg
    1339 x 821 - 103K
    Home Deluxe and Autumn Easy Environment - C.jpg
    1339 x 821 - 87K
  • Use a DForm/Magnet to pull the terrain around into a more helpful configuration.

• Mr. E said:

Also, please include night skies along with the daytime sky.

Must agree with that! It would double the possibilities of any outdoor environment - though a 2nd set of default lighting would also be required.

• How would the venor know which bits of the landscape to flatten? Dforms are your friends here (albeit, rather awkward, difficult to deal with friends). Alternatively, this product might help:

https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-shape-reprojector

How would the venor know which bits of the landscape to flatten? Dforms are your friends here (albeit, rather awkward, difficult to deal with friends). Alternatively, this product might help:

https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-shape-reprojector

Maybe, the vendor could pick one or two widely available buildings and work morphs around them. i.e. This landscape works great with buidlings x and y from vendor so-and-so.

Use a DForm/Magnet to pull the terrain around into a more helpful configuration.

Tried that with limited results. It'd be nice to have a pro do it for me.

• Mr. E said:

Use a DForm/Magnet to pull the terrain around into a more helpful configuration.

Did you try using a weight map to control the DForm?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

You might want to consider Shape Reprojector, or maybe one of the 'dynamic clothing' systems to collide the landscape with a building or something.

edited October 2016
    Mr. E said:

Did you try using a weight map

Speak English please!???? 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Mr. E said:
    Mr. E said:

Apply a DForm to the ground, and move the Field right out of the way unless you can getit roughly the way you want it as a starting point. Move the DForm itself up, so that you have soemthing to work with.

Switch to the Node Weight Map Brush tool and, with part of the DForm selected, go to the Tool Settings pane. In the middle the Unused Maps button should say Influnece Weights - if so, click the Add Map button.

You can now paint on your mesh to add the effect of the DForm where you want it, or hold down Alt(Win)/Opt(Mac) to remove the effect. You can also use the more advanced options, and the Geometry Editor tool, to make more controllable modifications.

edited October 2016
    Mr. E said:
    Mr. E said:

Apply a DForm to the ground, and move the Field right out of the way unless you can getit roughly the way you want it as a starting point. Move the DForm itself up, so that you have soemthing to work with.

Switch to the Node Weight Map Brush tool and, with part of the DForm selected, go to the Tool Settings pane. In the middle the Unused Maps button should say Influnece Weights - if so, click the Add Map button.

You can now paint on your mesh to add the effect of the DForm where you want it, or hold down Alt(Win)/Opt(Mac) to remove the effect. You can also use the more advanced options, and the Geometry Editor tool, to make more controllable modifications.

Thanks for the reply. Are these tools available in Poser Pro?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Mr. E said:
    Mr. E said:
    Mr. E said:

Thanks for the reply. Are these tools available in Poser Pro?

I'm not sure - a different name, I hadn't relaised you were asking about Poser, but I think it did recently get the ability to apply weight-maps to magnets; if not it does have a grouping tool which can be used to target a magnet's effect, though without gradations, and of course there's the Morph Brush.