So what is up with the Forum Spell Check?

...for some reason today I cannot get the forum spell checker to work.  I've clicked on the button and "Enable" in the drop down menu repeately and nothing happens.  I have not changed any system settings since I quit last night so that wouldn't be the issue.

A real pain when you are both dyslexic and have serious arthiritis in the hands.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Maeby youf lucki toady...

Or not...I'm getting the same thing (or more like lack of anything).  It has to be server side.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

Works in Chrome. Are you using another browser?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It seems to be working fine for me in fireyfoxe    I got a pretty red wiggly line under the wrong spelling of firefox.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The SCYAT part is what isn't working for me...the click 'Check Spelling' works. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586

...using the same version of FF I was using yesterday.  No idea why It won't open.  Have to deal with copying the post over, pasting it in Word to check it and then pasting the corrected version back, a few extra annoying steps.  I wish the FF spell check worked here like it used to.

..SCYAT is what I use as it flags errors (except in word less than four characters which is still annoying) while I type like FF does. 

Any explanation why it suddenly stopped working?

edited September 2016

Ah no,   that bit doesn't work for me either, not automatically,  have to press the check spelling button.

If it is still not working tomorrow, give me a shout and I will see if anyone knows why.  It is approaching midnight here, so time for me to disappear.

Post edited by Chohole on

...will do. Thanks.

• Their duzn't seam 2 bee ennything rong.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Since I'm always complaining about iPad's idiotic rewording of stuff, I never noticed... Does the forum spellcheck work in iOS? 

Befcaz Em treyeing it noow and i'm noot seeing id... (Oddly enough the iPad changed none of those deliberate misspellings*)...

I'm assuming it's not a choice I have to click on or anything (because I don't see one), so it's probably automatic like on the old forums... It was on the old forums (the Draper UT/ V4 era)... Right?... I didn't hallucinate that did I?

*Grrrrrrr!

McGyver said:

Since I'm always complaining about iPad's idiotic rewording of stuff, I never noticed... Does the forum spellcheck work in iOS? 

Befcaz Em treyeing it noow and i'm noot seeing id... (Oddly enough the iPad changed none of those deliberate misspellings*)...

I'm assuming it's not a choice I have to click on or anything (because I don't see one), so it's probably automatic like on the old forums... It was on the old forums (the Draper UT/ V4 era)... Right?... I didn't hallucinate that did I?

*Grrrrrrr!

To use the spiel chucker on this iteration of the forums you have the click on ABC  

• I've been writing in a form of l33t and lolcat before there was Internet but it's because I'm dyslectic, I can generally catch some of what I mangle with  SCAYT (I just got it! Spell Check As You Type!) and it seems to be working in Safari which is the browser to use when putting out lit matches with your fingertips has lost it's pizzazz.