Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316

New biweekly freebies are up: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

I was checking to see if I missed the bi-weekly freebies, the last time I saw any new ones was on the 23rd of December which is 21 days ago.  Any thoughts?

Yep, It's been three weeks since there were new weekly/biweekly freebies and no new ones yet.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Is there going to be anymore bi-weekly freebies?

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Hard to say, Saph. If it disappears from the side-scroller, I guess we'll know.

• SixDs said:

Hard to say, Saph. If it disappears from the side-scroller, I guess we'll know.

Looks like it. I've given up on Daz addressing it, as it's been brought up 5 or 6 times, by me & others, in the current "There's Always Another Sale" problem thread, as well as the questions here

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Has there been any answers on if there is going to be any more Freebies?

• No answers anywhere that I have seen, the banner is still up (saying "added every other week), and the page still says "Added weekly."

My theory is that the staff are still very busy dealing with the fallout of that unusually messed up $2.99 promo last month, so the biweekly freebies update got pushed to the back burner. I kind of understand, but it's still a bit of a bummer.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

are those freebies "new" right now?

i've seen those items so often that i can't remember how often they have been up... but i think the usual super old little dress and the usual super old textures for another super old little dress - all stuff i'm not in the slightest interested in - are a little different from the super old little dress and super old textures for another super old little dress that have been up for almost a month... the kid wasn't there tho i think.. kids 4, that's like... 3-4 generations ago, right? cool, just the figure i absolutely needed.
    and ofc i already have the other few freebs that are worth downloading since they probably also came up a million times years ago ~

yay guys, the biweekly freebies are back. exactly the same as they were. exactly the same as they have been for eons. yee-hah, i'm so happy i can't even... :/

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094

I got two new items. Thanks, DAZ!

• are those freebies "new" right now?

i've seen those items so often that i can't remember how often they have been up... but i think the usual super old little dress and the usual super old textures for another super old little dress - all stuff i'm not in the slightest interested in - are a little different from the super old little dress and super old textures for another super old little dress that have been up for almost a month... the kid wasn't there tho i think.. kids 4, that's like... 3-4 generations ago, right? cool, just the figure i absolutely needed.
    and ofc i already have the other few freebs that are worth downloading since they probably also came up a million times years ago ~

yay guys, the biweekly freebies are back. exactly the same as they were. exactly the same as they have been for eons. yee-hah, i'm so happy i can't even... :/

YES!  Thank you for posting.  I have been trying to check for new things to let my daughter know since she is new to the Daz scene as well as see if there are any new toys for me to get!

YES!  Thank you for posting.  I have been trying to check for new things to let my daughter know since she is new to the Daz scene as well as see if there are any new toys for me to get!

lol.. well i didn't exactly intend to spread a happy message... rather pure sarcasm, but if my post helped you, at least a positive effect, then i'm glad ^^

• are those freebies "new" right now?

lol.. well i didn't exactly intend to spread a happy message... rather pure sarcasm, but if my post helped you, at least a positive effect, then i'm glad ^^

And some of us use the freebie page to help keep track of what we can use in freebie challenges, when we do them. So yeah, knowing that "Ancient Dress," which I bought new years ago, & "The Creature From 2013," which I got free in a convoluted promotion, are free once more is very helpful to me, thank you so very much. Plus, I do sometimes find something cool I missed for ages.

• Current Set of Biweekly Freebies

Props, Enviroments, etc.
    Playtime
    Snow Day for Autumn Picnic

Generation 4 & Earlier
    Josie's Jewels (The Kids 4)

Genesis
    Little Black Dress for Club Dress
    Octavius

G2F
    Beau for Steph 6
    Jessica Dress Sexy Textures
    Mane Concern: Allessa Hair textures (also for Gen. 4)
    Super Heart Textures for Heart Attack
    Sweet-N-Sassy

G2M
    A Gentleman's Wardrobe for Teen Jayden 6
    Strong Man Poses for Gianni 6

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Well, I have been around the block a few times, and the most recent batch of freebies contained three that I did not have before, nor have I seen them there before in all the years I have been watching. And the three were not particularly old and I am quite happy to have them. Why wouldn't I be, they are free! I know this is the Age of Entitlement, but I will thank you anyway, DAZ, because that is the polite thing to do when someone gives you a gift, whether you like it or not. At least that is what my mother taught me.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited January 2020

Personally, I like freebies and I am thankful - because Daz does NOT HAVE TO give us freebies.

And yes, three new ones for me too.

As somebody whose most recent picture is made with Aiko3 and V4 and Kids4 amongst others, I am thankful for older items too. Yes, I like G8 and DazStudio too ... no application or generation or whatever wars on my computer, they are all coexisting nicely.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/919736/

By the way: thank you for using the Discussion thread!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, no sarcasm.

Post edited by Kerya on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

While there's nothing that I can use this fortnight, we've gotten Michael 6 and Gianni 6 recently, so I'm sure not going to complain. Thanks, DAZ!

edited January 2020

well, i know i might have given some the impression of being a never satisfied, negative, constantly nagging entitled moron - see my own quote above.

BUT i just saw today's sales page with a lot of discount/free codes, and i got myself a free FASTEST-ONE-IN-THE-WEST item. those "freebies" were so good, a lot even on my wishlist, a lot quite recent too, that i needed probably over 1h browsing to & fro to decide which one i would put in my cart because i wanted a lot of them. this is how cool they were!
    so THANK YOU DAZ for a great free item!

i can be, and i am very often (even always for users' freebies!), thankful for what i get for free. (EDIT: this includes the PC+ weekly/monthly freebies, they're nice and i almost always appreciate them a lot!) ~
    the issue in my quote has to do with ancient and/or constantly recurring items specifically from the biweekly page. because when someone/a company offers something for free, why pick the bottom - repeatedly - when they can pick the top or at least an inbetween layer, srsly. and today, like other times where i also was very thankful and expressed it, they did pick a great selection - bravo DAZ! yes smiley

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • StoicStoic Posts: 131

BUT i just saw today's sales page with a lot of discount/free codes, and i got myself a free FASTEST-ONE-IN-THE-WEST item. 

It was awesome for DAZ to do this, it took a long time to decide between all the great choices offered but I ultimately chose Pool Villa.

Thank You DAZ! yessmiley

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094

Yeah, I about missed that one. I never even look at the sales page when it says "free", because when you get there it says, basically, *"not really free!"

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited January 2020

Thank You so much, I just got very nice freebie :) https://www.daz3d.com/dragonstone-fortress-perimeter-walls

Post edited by MilosGulan on

In my opinion ridiculous skimpy "armour" has its place so I'm really happy about the Phoenix armour that is now amongst the freebies. The skirt autofits well to G8.

I'll probably get some use out of Caped Heroine and Lion War Pack as well.

I already had Tamesis, but she's also very cool!

• Stoic said:

BUT i just saw today's sales page with a lot of discount/free codes, and i got myself a free FASTEST-ONE-IN-THE-WEST item. 

It was awesome for DAZ to do this, it took a long time to decide between all the great choices offered but I ultimately chose Pool Villa.

Thank You DAZ! yessmiley

I picked up Centaur 7M Hides & Breeds, which I had wishlisted for a while. Belated thanks Daz!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hylas said:

In my opinion ridiculous skimpy "armour" has its place so I'm really happy about the Phoenix armour that is now amongst the freebies. The skirt autofits well to G8.

Speaking of Centaurs, if nothing else, I will use the bodice/bra/midriff (whatever they are) tops from Caped Heroine & Phoenix for my female Centaurs. 

I already had the Gia Starter Bundle & most of the other items I had any interest in, but somehow missed the Lion Bundle.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Full current list of Bi-weekly Daz Freebies:

Props, Enviroments, etc.
    RW Ivy Swing

Generation 4 & Earlier
    Ever After for Maggie V4 (outfit textures)
    Night Out for Nightlife V4 (outfit textures)

Genesis/V4
    Tamesis Bundle

Genesis
    Dragon Poses for Hiro 5
    Maki Outfit Looks (textures)
    Pure Hair Classic for Genesis

G2F
    Airisu Outfit Textures
    Gia 6 Starter Bundle
    Lion War Bundle
    NYC Couture for X Dress (textures)
    Romper Textures

wow! for once,i'm amazed by the biweeklies.. 3 great full MALE bundles, and 1 MALE pose pack! one i had already, but in the other two there were items i actually didn't have already. yay! that's what i call fair distribution between genders! thank you DAZ, that's the way to go ^^

• Strangely, for me the freebies have a price today. Nice items, though.

• martin36martin36 Posts: 166
    edited February 2020

Strangely, for me the freebies have a price today. Nice items, though.

+1

Post edited by martin36 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Reported and being fixed as I type this

• SempieSempie Posts: 651

A big thank you to DAZ3D for the current batch of biweekly freebies!

Very generous !!!

• (Mr. Garrison:) "Eric, did you just say the F-word?!" (Eric Cartman:) "Freebies??"

Fabulous! Freakin' fantastic! Fank :D you so very much DAZ!

(Always wanted Pure Hair: Punk for Genesis! Yeah!)

Wow, so generous! Thank you, DAZ! heart

• Full list of Biweekly Freebies, available 2/17 - 3/1/20

Props, Enviroments, etc.
    Neglected for A Bright Loft (texture)

Generation 4 & Earlier
    Cocktail Dress for V4
    Juggling Act for V4 (clothing & props)
    Lovely Girl (Gen 4 female clothing)
    Toughness Bundle for M4 (5 clothing sets)

Genesis
    Candace for Stephanie 5 Bundle (character, poses, outfit)
    Easy Going Poses for M5

Genesis
    David 5 Starter Bundle
    Hiro 5 Clothing & Hair ONLY Bundle (No Hiro 5 - but he pops into Biweekly Freebies once or twice a year & I've not had problems using these items with other male figures)
    Simple Elegance Textures
    Twilight Textures

G2F
    The Girl 6 Starter Bundle

@Kerya: I just took a look at that picture you linked last month & loved it. What IS that critter?