Space Base by Petipet "on Mars" w/Dreamlight Canyon Ext.

Of passing interest perhaps... I know there are a couple of nice Mars colony models but I picked up the Space Base one by Petipet and finally got around to trying it. I did an amalgam of renders with Dreamlight's canyon extensions (comes with 3DL sun and sky) flattened and smoothed out, and using modified textures. An Iray render is in progress as I'm typing this (130+ iterations so far, quality seems to be nearing the end) using the IG Easy Studio Lights. The space base seems to be lit up "at night" so that's cool... sort of like Clavius in the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" I guess.

space-base-1st-try.jpg
1024 x 670 - 113K
iray-in-progress.jpg
1366 x 768 - 198K

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

That background goes really well with it too, nice job with the scenery and setup. 

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited September 2016

Thanks. No posing at all, just clicked and dragged into position, in a likely spot in the "canyon". I wish the lattice work was more detailed (like with a bit of rust or dust, perhaps with a shader) as opposed to having such a smooth and clean look.

Every render seems to yield surprises... I didn't know that the IG Easy Lights set automatically gives a shadow plane like I got here when I typed 227,164,130 into the Environment setting in (edit) DS 4.8... I got this RGB color value from an approximation of one of the main colors in Dreamlight's canyon textures. Another nice surprise was that this set of space buildings renders fairly quickly compared with, say, Genesis 2 females in a similar situation - model against background.,

I previously used the versatile canyon and its skydome in a "western" scene where my dog (who stands about 9-10 inches high) is heading out of town after causing a ruckus. I'm eventually going to put him on the buckboard of the DAZ stagecoach. Note that the skydome lights seem to be 3DL-only; they give an all-black render if you try Iray.

space-base-slightly-modified-iray-render.jpg
    3384 x 1960 - 474K
    stagecoach.jpg
    1800 x 805 - 153K
    Post edited by Roman_K2 on