HELP poses not working in Daz?

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can anyone tell me what reason would be that a Poser item's poses don't work in Daz studio?

it's not weightmapped, I don't think. It's a prop with a long tail, that poses in different ways around V4, and matching poses for V4, but the poses don't match in DS the way it does in Poser. I tried small tweaks in Daz of rotation and such but the way the prop is set up, it makes me repose the entire thing.

I don't know why the pose doesn't work as well in Daz as in Poser. Any suggestions? I really wanted the item, and would hate to return it. If there's a fix I'd love to know.

My thanks for any help!!!

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

You could check to see if they need limits turned off. That might be the issue.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

How do I check that? it didn't ask me about limits....

edited December 1969

When you have the parameters tab on top (selected) there is a little square in the top corner that has 4 little lines. When you click on that you get a bunch of selections. 9th down is limits. Try just turning them off (top level of figure selected I think) and then try the pose.

edited December 1969

Khory, I wish it worked but it didn't.... limits on or limits off, still not working properly. :(

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

What item is it?

edited December 1969

Sigh.. it is the "Ring Ring" item from Renderosity... I LOVE Ilona and OutofTouch items, and have so many... (another great one is the one million pearls!) and have wanted their ring ring set since it came out....

but for some reason the poses don't work correctly and the phone and V4 don't match up.

I'm using the newest version of Daz, 4.5.1.6

i've never had poses not work correctly and I'm stumped. :( does anyone else have it?? I really love the item, and I desperately want to get it working!!!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

It seems you're not the only one; if you look at the comments you will see that someone else also has problems with the cords in DS.
    You could try contacting the vendor and seeing if they can help.

edited December 1969

I have contacted; still looking for solutions though....

edited December 1969

Really strange. I had thought perhaps it was an issue because the product was done with the new poser but it is almost a year old so that isn't it.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    edited December 1969

Would it be possible that the poses rely on IK in Poser for example ? Or are intended to work with the phone parented to V4 ?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I dont own the item in question but you can try zeroing the prop first before applying the pose.

You may also have to parent the item to the correct body part before applying the pose. Poser props need to be parented inorder for an assiciated pose to be applied correctly. (thats been my experiance)

edited December 1969

i have no idea bout IK at all. fitting the phone to V4 changes nothing. Parenting the phone to anything (head, hand, hip, V4) doesn't affect or change anything. Neither does zeroing the prop, nor turning limits on or off, order of applying poses, nothing that I can tell.

I am truly stumped. I have never really seen an item like that this based on poses tha didn't work in DS as well as poser. :(

Disappointed isn't even enough to describe it. I wanted this to work so bad and tried nearly anything i could think of. :(