Jungle Construction Kit

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
edited September 2016 in The Commons

Wow! Just ...wow! Stonemason has done it again! I don't know how he is able to create and release such awesome environments back to back - and at such high quality! Amazing!

The promo renders look gorgeous! Has anyone gotten this kit yet? I'm really loving the look of it but wonder how it renders - is it super hard on the computer? 

If anyone gets this and could leave some feedback on how "heavy" it is/how hard it is on the computer, it would be much appreciated! :) It looks CRAZY detailed, which makes me worried about how tough it might be on my vid card. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,989

It reminded me about his http://www.daz3d.com/the-enchanted-forest

The kitty is Big Cat 2 with LAMH fur, methinks.

• pdspds Posts: 593

I'm seriously considering it. If I pick it up today, I'll post some renders when I get my PC up and running again (am in the process of moving, so everything is in pieces atm)

• It looks like all the leaves are modeled, rathering than using planes and transparencies, so thats a good thing. You should be able to get decent renders even with transparency off.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Yeah, Stonemason has been moving in the direction of modeling leaves and such directly. There are trade-offs with the approach, but transmaps can run into problems, so I think it's a wise direction.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

If I wasn't saving/buying stuff for the season of "gimmie", I'd already have gotten it, but I can wait a couple months to give my wee folk someplace to live.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890
    edited September 2016

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733

Would like to know if there's a complete scene setup included.

• Taozen said:

There's not one listed in the product description.

• Yeah, Stonemason has been moving in the direction of modeling leaves and such directly. There are trade-offs with the approach, but transmaps can run into problems, so I think it's a wise direction.

Will,

As I understand it, modelling leaves is more effort but renders fast, transmapped leaves are easier to do but render significantly slower.  Stefan is a man known for the efficiency of his modelling.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Taozen said:

There's not one listed in the product description.

Perhaps, someone will provide an add-on set with some scenes?  I'd also like to get my hands on Stefan's light, camera and render settings. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• Got it today. There isn't a setup scene. Still rendering, but I've got an old Dual Core only.

Mixed in the ferns of the latest RPC Jungle.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Bought it and with also buying the moon set and the woodland elf finally managed to afford the Fern Lake bundle...

• Pendraia said:

Bought it and with also buying the moon set and the woodland elf finally managed to afford the Fern Lake bundle...

I had the idea this evening of combining the base and background from Fern Lake with the trees from the Jungle construction kit.  The possiblities are endless.

Cheers,

Alex.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Hi Alex...I can see lots of possibilties also but I love that Fern Lake set. It's just so beautifully done. As I said to a friend about buying it...I feel bad as I really couldn't afford it straight away but the price was too good but it was Stonemason so how could I resist and she replied that says it all...it's from Stonemason. I love his sets...