Measure Metrics - Install Failed

I just purchased this and ran the install from the DIM - it reports that Figure Metrics for both 32-bit and 64-bit installed successfully, but not Measure Metrics for either version, and I don't see anywhere to get details on WHY it failed. I tried going into the download folder and extracting the zip file, but still no go in 4.9 Public Build.

Any suggestions? That's a lot of money for a product that won't install.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Was the Public Build (Beta) installed before you tried to install Measure Metrics?

Can you go to Settings > Applications and post a screenshot?

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

I assume you meant from the DIM

Clipboard01.jpg
    896 x 507 - 95K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

It's not the product.

edited September 2016

Anything more insightful than that?

figure Metrics appear to have installed, the link for the script appears under "Utilities," but runnign it gives an error message that the Measure metrics plugin needs to be installed and registered to continue. DIM only comes back with "Install failed" when I click the "Install" button, but I don't see any kind of error message to descriobe WHY the install failed, so it can be resolved.

Actually, in the Install Manager log, I found this at the end:

Installing product : Measure Metrics for DAZ Studio 4.9+ (Win 64-bit)
    WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    Product installation failed : Measure Metrics for DAZ Studio 4.9+ (Win 64-bit)

Post edited by Ptrope on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,073
    Ptrope said:

Anything more insightful than that?

figure Metrics appear to have installed, the link for the script appears under "Utilities," but runnign it gives an error message that the Measure metrics plugin needs to be installed and registered to continue. DIM only comes back with "Install failed" when I click the "Install" button, but I don't see any kind of error message to descriobe WHY the install failed, so it can be resolved.

Actually, in the Install Manager log, I found this at the end:

Installing product : Measure Metrics for DAZ Studio 4.9+ (Win 64-bit)
    WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    Product installation failed : Measure Metrics for DAZ Studio 4.9+ (Win 64-bit)

Back to DIM and ctrl-click on the view log button to get the helper log - that sould show what happened in more detail.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

The main site and store has been down for right about as long as it's been since you posted this. Maybe the site went down mid-download?

I tried the ctrl-click on the log and got a message that the zip file couldn't be opened. I can open it manually, and the other zip files in the package opened fine, apparently.

OK, I went back and downloaded the .exe so I could manually install Measure Metrics - same error message that the Measure Metrics plugin needs to be installed and registered to continue.

Guess it's time for a refund ...

• Are you sure the plug-in version matches the DS version? If you are using an older version of DS and a newly purchased copy of Measure metrics that may not be the case. Did you enter your serial number? it's not in the list of steps taken. if not you need to get the serial number (from your account page, or by right-click on the product's entry in DIM while it is connected) and enter it in Help>About Installed plug-ins, then restart Daz Studio.

When I looked into the installed plugins, it showed as failed, and said the version of D|S wasn't new enough - I was running Pro 4.9 (64-bit). So I downloaded the latest build and upgraded, then the installed plugin panel said it wasn't a valid plugin or the version of D|S was wrong. Nothing I've seen in this mentioned needing a serial number - shouldn't that be something that's at least addressed in the readme, if not actually included as a prompt in the installation?

Thanks for providing the missing piece, Richard.