Cat Character by Valea

GrattersGratters Posts: 0

When loading this character for Genesis, I get a message saying that a dsf is missing from a /data/Michelle/ directory.

When trying to load the cat hair, I get a similar message and all it loads is a cylindrical primitive on the figure's head!

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

It didn't get installed into a sub-folder of your content directory? Unless there's been an update that broke it it was correctly packaged, at least for WIndows, as I was able to install and load it.

• GrattersGratters Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I found the hair in the /Hair folder of my Poser formats /My Library.
    The folder that is installed in the figures/ folder is 'cat' which has two sub folders 'Cat Hair Genesis' and 'Cat V5'

I did not customise the location of the install in any way.

Thanks for the reply.
    Its workable, just a bit messy.

error_2.jpg
    450 x 290 - 12K
    error_1_result.jpg
    281 x 253 - 9K
    error_1.jpg
    452 x 292 - 14K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited November 2012

You did install the core files, as well as the Poser Companion Files? The CFs are just a copy of the library files (like the Cr2 etc. for Poser), with a Poser library file that runs the Python script to run the importer (and possibly to set materials for Poser) - the core installer has the equivalent of the geometry files and the textures. Edit: sorry, that is t DS anyway. I thought the DS files for Cat went in the DS content library, not Poser (before I moved mine).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • GrattersGratters Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

I hadn't, but I went back and installed the DSON file. Basic error but all sorted now. Thanks for your help.

The Daz Studio format folders now have all the required icons.

Post edited by Gratters on