Noob having issues with some V4 products

Hi all. I've only been at this for a little under two weeks so maybe there's something I'm doing wrong, but I am having trouble using some V4 products -- namely, the Strawberry Hair and Ultra Aging Morphs products, in Daz Studio 4.9.

Strawberry Hair: It loads fine, but when I try to style the bangs (the default bang style is unnaturally stiff and bowl-like; I'd like them to appear natural and varied as shown in the promo pictures), I cannot find any sliders to change them. I checked the content library and found an item, "01 + Inject Morphs," but nothing happened when I clicked on that.

V4 Ultra Aging Morphs: This doesn't work at all. There are no shaping/parameter sliders, and when I tried to inject morphs through the content library nothing happened.

Since both these issues are both morph-related I thought that could be the problem, so I opened Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ in the content library and tried to use some of the poses there. Not a one worked.

Clicking on these things does do SOMETHING, because for a brief moment a "Loading" box appears, but I see no discernible change in my model.

Another thing possibly significant: all three of the aforementioned products have alert-triangle-inside-a-picture-frame icons next to them in my content library.

Any advice? Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

How did you install V4 and these products?  If you used Daz Install Manager then the V4 morphs would automatically be initialized; if you installed them manually, then you would need to initialize them yourself.

For these products, after loading the figure or hair you need to first inject the morphs, and then use the Parameters pane to dial the morph value.  If this isn't working, are you getting any error messages?  The most common problems are either having the support folder with the morph data in a location Daz Studio can't find, or having more than one support folder.

• msam921msam921 Posts: 141

Everything was installed using the Install Manager.

I injected the morphs -- or at least I think I did -- and then checked Parameters for new sliders but none were there. No error messages. No change at all really.

Is there any special protocol for injecting morphs? I just look for them in the content library and double click.

Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

Sure, here they are.

contentdirectorymanager.png
    481 x 471 - 18K
    readytoinstall.png
    629 x 639 - 30K

Okay, those paths are correct.  Can you check if the "My Library" folder has a "Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4" folder?  You should only have the one un "My DAZ 3D Library".

There are no "!DAZ" or "DAZ" (is the exclamation point important?) folders under "My Library\Runtime\Libraries." Actually there's not really anything from DIM in "My Library," only stuff I've manually installed.

Yes, the exclamation point is important, and none of the DIM stuff should be there, so that's fine, you aren't getting a conflict from having V4 stuff in two different folders.  Can you go over the exact steps you're taking?

1) What icon are you using to load V4.2?:

2) What icon are you using to inject the morphs?

3) What doers the parameter pane look like after doing this?

I threw together some screenshots of my workflow. Hopefully it's easy to understand; I'm not much for demonstrations.

workflow.png
    4779 x 981 - 1M
  • Try selecting the neck of the hair, or the ehad of Victoria 4, to look for the morphs. The older figures did not consistently have the morphs on the figure node to the same extentr as the Genesises

Try selecting the neck of the hair, or the ehad of Victoria 4, to look for the morphs. The older figures did not consistently have the morphs on the figure node to the same extentr as the Genesises

Hey, that actually worked! Thanks! One problem solved lol

• I'm having the same problem with this. I've followed the steps as outlined above but still no morphs

• With Strawberery hair, and you are loading it, fitting it to Victroia 4, injecting the morphs, and selecting the right bone?