DS 4.5.1.6 64 not saving scenes properly; also very sloooooow!

3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

It's taking about 5 minutes to save a scene with only 2 figures in it, M4 and V4, and about the same to reload the scene.

Then I find out that none of the morphs were saved, so they are reloaded at default values.

I'm saving as .duf.

System specs:

win7 64 home premium
core i3 540
4g ram

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. It's frustrating to go to so much work and then lose it even though I thought it was saved.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 1969

Yeah I had the same problem until I found out you have have to take a dozen or so steps to just save a scene properly. You have to go to save as, scroll all the way down to where it says depreciated and and select puppeteer presest ds. A screen pops up asking you if you want to save all puppeteer layers or you can select which ones you want to save. This is the only way you can save the morphs why they did it this way is beyond me, its very dumb and ineffiecent, and I hope your daz doesn't freeze when reloading the stuff like mine does. I can't get anywhere in daz now and have stoppped using it. Its broken beyond belief and yes there will be daz people saying its great and all when its really not. They have broken a good product and good luck on trying to get help from customer support been trying for a month and have not heard anything back.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited November 2012

Hi,,shadowl,, I think if you have misunderstanding about saving ^^;

I mentioned about pupettier preset and layer.before.

it need to save as dsa puppetier preset to keep the value of FBM morphs ,
    but it never means about the saving usuall scene.

you can just save the scene as duf with morph value ..

I can not understand why you need to save the scene with many steps.

wwes, how you save the scene?

you jsut go to top menu and save as scene.

if there were problems which can not save morph value and poze of the figures as scene,
    user who like V4. and M4 never will use ds 4.5 , i think^^;

I seldom use v4 figure, but I checked it now.

it seems need more time to load the scene than genesis,but it can work correctly.

your machine power is almost same as mine.

v4scene.JPG
    805 x 797 - 95K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    edited December 1969

if there were problems which can not save morph value and poze of the figures as scene,

Yes, I went to File, Save as, Scene, saved as .duf. I did a test with M4 and it did work correctly, but the scene I just made with M4 and V4 before that wiped out all the morphs. I didn't do anything different with the one that worked. And that one was still slow, took about five minutes each to save just a scene with m4, no clothing or other objects. Same amount of time to reload it, too.

edited December 1969

mm,,, if you said about saved .daz scene files,,or duf files saved by other version of ds 4,
    and load the files,,

I can not say about these many,, sorry,, because there are so many cases for each scene how saved,,
    and which morphs are used,,

I believe other user must help you ,, I think.

about 4.5 duf,, I noticed when I saved the sceane with V4 and M4 firsttime, it take much times to save and load , as you said.
    ( if used to genesis,, it seems difficult to adjust morph or poze for the V4 and M4 as for me,,,)

but after that, I tweaked the scene and save as duf again , the loading time seems improved better
    (not fast but much better) did you try it again? (though your morphs are removed about your case,,)

edited December 1969

about 4.5 duf,, I noticed when I saved the sceane with V4 and M4 firsttime, it take much times to save and load , as you said.
    ( if used to genesis,, it seems difficult to adjust morph or poze for the V4 and M4 as for me,,,)

but after that, I tweaked the scene and save as duf again , the loading time seems improved better
    (not fast but much better) did you try it again? (though your morphs are removed about your case,,)

Yes, I saved again and reloaded, not really much faster.

As another point of interest, though, DS asks me, when closing the scene, if I want to save changes--even if I have made absolutely no changes. I just opened the scene, looked (didn't even change camera views or anything), then went to close, and it asks me if I want to save. I did, but it was still slow.

Thanks for your help, kitakoredaz, I hope someone else will chime in here.

• MassMinionMassMinion Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What version of Dazstudio are you using?........the exact same problems you are describing I experienced when using the beta versions of Daz 4.5...the official release of 4.5 fixed all of the issues though.

• Ongoing MomentOngoing Moment Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Just a thought. I have found that having a spyware program running slowed down my Daz Studio. May or may not be an issue.

edited December 1969

What version of Dazstudio are you using?........the exact same problems you are describing I experienced when using the beta versions of Daz 4.5...the official release of 4.5 fixed all of the issues though.

4.5.1.6 64-bit

edited December 1969

Just a thought. I have found that having a spyware program running slowed down my Daz Studio. May or may not be an issue.

Interesting, I do have superantispyware running, I'll turn it off and see if it makes a difference.

• edited December 1969

Hi,,shadowl,, I think if you have misunderstanding about saving ^^;

I mentioned about pupettier preset and layer.before.

it need to save as dsa puppetier preset to keep the value of FBM morphs ,
    but it never means about the saving usuall scene.

you can just save the scene as duf with morph value ..

I can not understand why you need to save the scene with many steps.

I seldom use v4 figure, but I checked it now.

it seems need more time to load the scene than genesis,but it can work correctly.

your machine power is almost same as min

Ok Im using genesis as well and yes you can save a scene now try this load your figure do some morphs on them and use puppeteer and then save it as a scene you'll see what I mean. Its hard to describe and you'll be pulling hair trying to figure it out and yes I am using the updated daz 4.5 its already been confirmed as being a problem with daz.

edited December 1969

>>Shadowl ^^;

I know what you said about pupettier dot when save as the scene.:)

yes it seems problem for you and me or many .

but It is different thing when just save the scene, the morph value of the current figure can not be saeved correctly or not.

I and your problem are, we can not save each dot of pupettier layer with the morph shape when save the scene.

(so I replied your topic and find the way to save as preset dsa can work. before I think I can not save the FBM with
    pupettier dot, there seems no way. so I reported muntis too. (so you are not only one who noticed the problem
    acutually, there are othe user reported about ds 4.5 and pupettier ,when it was beta. and I actually gave up
    untill you mentioned about that. but for your topic I can try again.

yes it is not perfect and hope to improve that. hope just save as scene, which keep every status about pupettier dot too.
    I want to use more pupettier about genesis as you hope. but there are not many guide or introduction about pupettier from daz.
    I just feel I can do more,, but not grab yet clearly, how to mix the layer with animate2 and ds timeline)
    I did not remember , it could work before, or not test with other figure (M4 V4). these problems are when use and
    record the morph shape on each dot, not same when just save as scene which wwes mentioned.

if we said we can not save the morph value of the scene in ds 4.5, it would make misunderstanding for other user.
    (I am not afraid say misake (ofen I said ^^;)
    but afraid new user have misunderstanding or prejudice about ds 4.5)

pupettier is item to make animation, and I think daz do not concern many about pupettier anymore .
    so I hope if daz will offer other tool or plug in which can substitute and have more power than pupettier,, or
    just improve and remove the bug what you said.

I do not know which company made the pupettier, but if it is daz original technolozy,, they may do it.
    (I knew same name tools of 3D animation, it seems to be used TV program etc)

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508
    edited November 2012

hey,

had a similar problem with saving as scene that had an animated pose - after reloading i have to click posing tab>clear animation>clear selected item pose and it works as saved.

not exactly the same problem, but maybe something to do with it

Post edited by DigiDotz on
    edited December 1969

Maybe this was a problem with the previous version of 4.5. The morphs seem to be saving fine now. I may have tried to load a scene in 4.5.1.6 that I had saved in 4.5.0.xxx (don't remember the number exactly).

The scenes are still slow loading, though. Apparently something to do with incompatibility with M4 and V4? Genesis loads rather quickly.