What's Been Your Favourite Purchase In The P.A. Sale So Far?

I've spent a small fortune hoovering up TerraDome items because they're versatile enough to get used often and will cost an even bigger fortune once they're all off sale. I couldn't resist topping up my growing stash of Maclean items with a few more though - I've got about half of them and can't recommend them all highly enough. Among those I bought earlier was The Bedsit, which only cost me a dollar-something because of other stuff in the cart. I thought that it's bound to get used for something eventually, even though I'd already given up on finding a simple room with simple doors and windows that you can just pose a character next to. I keep picking stuff up that might suit, but there's always something to complicate it. Walls that won't clear off out of the way, other walls that you do want to see, but can't easily adapt because walls and skirtings share the same material zone... doors and windows that won't open, windows that have no curtains... I could go on (and I do :) ).

I didn't really expect The Bedsit to be any different, but it turns out that it's perfect for what I want, and I can see it getting used a ton. I can't believe it's been lurking in the store all this time, practically yelling 'Buy me! You need me!' and getting overlooked. Regardless of price, it's my favourite buy in the sale by a mile. There's not a lot you can't do with it, and you can easily upgrade it from a tatty bedsit to something quite elegant thanks to material zones that actually make sense. The only problem with it is that I have spent most of the evening giving it a variety of new looks with iray shaders and trying out different furniture in it. It seems to have brought out the 'eight year-old with a new doll's house' in me - 'fully-grown artist' is probably off cowering behind TerraDome HDRI sky options somewhere :)

What's everbody else's favourite buy been in the sale so far?

Comments

• Thats hard - I used this sale to pick up mostly old stuff in my Wishlist.

Marshian Light Projection System is probably my favorite. Its fun, adds a lot of effects right in the image where I probably would have done it in post before, to less effect. It has a ton of utility in nearly any scene, theme or genre I can think of.

• jcbunnjcbunn Posts: 270

Gona have to say Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Female(s)

it is keeping me busy, and pair that with Fit Control for Genesis 3 Female and you will always look better than that girl across the street.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I've only bought 2 things from the PA sale so far. I held out for quite a while, but one thing showed up that made me cave - the product by Cayman Studios that lets you use Genesis 3 Female textures/skins on Genesis 2 Female characters: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uvs-for-genesis-2-female-s

I absolutely LOVE it! My G2F girls look GOOD with G3F textures! 

And I also picked up Sickleyield's Ball Joint Dolls for Genesis 3 Bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/sf-ball-joint-dolls-genesis-3-bundle

I have been waiting months to get that and with the stacking discounts plus my PC+ coupon I was able to get it pretty cheap. I really am quite happy with both my purchases! 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,763

I'm still working my way through what I've bought so far, but of the NEW items, thus far the biggest winners have been TerraDome 3, the Aging Morphs and the So Wet! Bundle. Of catalog stuff, the biggest draws have been some nice Stonemason items that I'd really been wanting:  Urban Sprawl 3, Iray Clouds, Fern Lake & Through the Woods, as well as Sloshwerks' UHT2 Base and expansion sets, and a stack of hair, of which Ricardo hair is looking to be a new favorite.  

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Many of my wishlist items were things that I wanted, but never seem to go on sale, like "Side Street" and "1969 Minibike", and that was the first list I looked at. So I cleared out a goodly chunk of my wishlist, and didn't buy much of anything else. Except for one G3 item that I didn't want, but needed for the discount.

And I finally have everything that MacLean offers. That's been my goal ever since I discovered just how useful the included props are. (And what a pleasant person MacLean is...) I'm going to enjoy going to the store and seeing an empty page. But they'll probably create another gotta-have soon.

• Genesis 3 clone for Genesis.  What can I say I still love the original. ;)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

It's really hard to pick one favorite. I've been able to kick a few items off my wishlist including several things from FirstBastion last week, and today I picked up Rune 7 and Simtenero's Shape Reprojector. I've been waiting months to get those. Now all I need to make my PA Festival complete is the Brow Remover from Zevo and Draagonstorm.

• Also hard to pick one so here's a few that are multi-purpose:
    I just picked up 1-click-Age-Injector for V4 (yes, older, but it works great, even on M4).

Ron's rain is fantastic and easy to use - finally my rainy scenes will have realistic splash on the ground and it includes everything from rain-sheets, individiual lines of rain,  right down to individual drops.  Also various levels of splash, right down to single-drop splash.

DA Let it Snow adds more weather options too.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,072

The two items I've been playing with the most are TerraDome 3 and the So Wet bundle. Great fun, and I'm starting to get a grip on proper use for both.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Possibly Sunny 7 from here (I got a UV converter from elsewhere); Sunny 7 is the most versatile (for me) of all the bundles I own, and other that Aiko, pretty much the only one I've bought this year. The farmyard  http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/33963/

I've actually put in a refund for an item I bought; I figured that not using it other than the day I purchased it, is sufficient reason - I can always repurchase.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I didn't really expect The Bedsit to be any different, but it turns out that it's perfect for what I want, and I can see it getting used a ton.

I'm so glad you like it. I tend to make products, then once they're done, pass onto the next one and forget all the details in previous ones. After reading your comments, I opened up the bedsit and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of detail and bits & pieces in it - most of which I'd forgotten - for example, the kitchen, which I didn't even remember was in there. (I also had a good laugh at all the old pics of myself in the picture frame).

I try to make things which will last a long time, so it's good to know that my old sets can still be useful.

mac

PS Petercat - Thanks for your continued support! I hope I haven't cost you too much money! LOL.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,313
    edited September 2016

TerraDome 3 is probably the best new purchase I have made so far in this PA sale, I have already used it in a few projects already. However my favourite day (albeit very expensive) was probably yesterday, when I picked up a ton of older content at 83-88% off, including lots of things that are hardly ever on sale. Among the many goodies I picked up were several high quality $40 Stonemason sets for around $5 each.

Post edited by Havos on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

That I haven't bought anything on sale. I did buy smay dwarf clothing and the rugby kit with me monthly coupons but they haven't been a sale that I know of.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Lots of great stuff from Orestes Graphics. I wasn't going to buy too many things (saving up for the PC+ sale :)), but these I just couldn't leave out.

• galattgalatt Posts: 219

No one thing. I did stock up on tons of old V4 hair & G1 morphs

• Terra Dome 3, the Scriptorium and the Farmyard.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

The Cathy HD bundle and OOTs new Super Sleeky Hair

• Stefan "Stonemason" Morrell's two new jungle / temple scenes plus Tango Alpha's Hemlock Folly and, brief pause for a dramatic drum roll, no less than 14 of Andrey Pestryakov's country scenes. 

I haven't decided which is my favourite yet but , on the downside, my credit card has gone back to hiding at the end of the garden, simpering in terror.

Cheers,

Alex.

• RafmerRafmer Posts: 564
    Stonemason's Urban Future bundle. I love converting old quality sets to Iray.
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    edited September 2016

All of them of course ;). But the stuff I bought from Stonemason and Raiya are probably my favoritest...hehe :D

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

I bought a good amount of useful items as well as 'cheesecake' so it's hard for me to give a single favorite:

http://www.daz3d.com/epic-wings

http://www.daz3d.com/i13-fierce-fantasy-pose-collection-for-the-genesis-3-female-s I personally think this is one of i13's best pose sets to date

http://www.daz3d.com/olivia-morphing-high-boots-for-genesis-3-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/ecomantics-efficient-ecosystems This one is actually *extremely* useful despite its age. I plan to use this with Terradome.

http://www.daz3d.com/airisu-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s *cough* >_>

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Picked  up so many wonderful things.... 
    A few Favs...OOT Super Sleeky Hair, lots of morphs, easy to pose and renders like a dream http://www.daz3d.com/super-sleeky-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s-and-genesis-3-male-s-and-oot-hairblending-2-0
    Giselle 6...what a gorgeous character, http://www.daz3d.com/giselle-6

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2016

For new items, it was Steakhouse Environment- it's practical and can be used for family friendly scenes. Also easy to light due to large windows.

I also really like Vidra Hair, (Good for females and males),  Sakura for Aiko 7 (which I picked up for about $7 IIRC)  and  P3D Josina.  I'm a Polish fan and scooped up the Oriental Breeze Pool.

If you want a lot of nice props Millionaire Private Office is super nice. The lighting is done for you and is very elegant, classy.  

Below, Oriental Breeze Pool, night render.

orientalbreeze3.jpg
    800 x 573 - 440K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Hardly anything. I have only picked up about 5 items so far. Cayman Studios genesis 3 to gensis 2 UVs was a great get as well as MRL Isabis, but other than that only a few things out of my wishlist. I just spent about $100 at Origin and another $100 at Steam, so these purchases are keeping me busy and content on my ourchases for the month.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

nothing of interest

a sale that saves me money

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited September 2016

Don't know if it's part of the sale or not, but the Medusa Sci Fi helmet by Chungdan is one of those unique, well crafted items that we are always asking for that can be used in a myriad of situations, and I'm simply having a ball doing tests with it.   IJS for a PA that seems to have a foot fetish, they really knocked it out of the park with this piece.  Hoping they give us more original content like this in the future.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,347

I bought some very fine products, mostly older ones. From the new ones I love Raiya's 'Awan HD' and OOT's 'Super Sleeky Hair' (thanks for making it for G3F and G3M!). I am really happy with Mely3D's 'Asian River', Godin/3anson's 'Eliza', Dogz' 'Summer Sandals Volume 1' and Faveral's 'Medieval Docks', followed by Kahu for Kimo 7 and Lainee for Kalea 7. I don't know if PC+ items and freebies count; if yes, many of them are excellent, like the Beach Café sets, Moyra's Quondam, SloshWerk's wonderful Interstellar Patrol,… Yes, and I love today's freebie, 'Old Industrial Interior'!

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

A lot of the PC freebies are a bit too sci-fi for my purposes, but that industrial interior could have been made for an idea that I've had brewing for a while. I'm happy with that too :)

• I've gotten 105 items since the sale started, so narrowing down a favorite is hard.  Putting it into categories then:

Figure: Rhys for G3M.  I really need more male figures, and he covers a lot of ground between the regular, dirty, muddy, and acne combinations.

Utility: I suspect it will be the Iray Converter for Genesis and Generation 4 Bundle.  Haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but have high hopes for it.

Outfits: I had high hopes for White Knight, which I bought for the armored gauntlets.  Turns out only the left hand is armored, which is very dissapointing.  And impractical because you've already got a shield on that hand - it's not the one that needs more armor.  So instead my favorite is the Umbris outfit, a nice practical fantasy outfit without heels.

Vehicles: I finally broke down and bought the Jumbo Jet.  I've got a giant project that involves the team traveling the world in a working Spruce Goose, and I'm going to gut half this thing and do some amazing work with the rest.  Huge price on it even with the sale, but I've never found another product that comes close to what I need.

Locations: This was the hardest category.  I've already had some fun modernizing the Bar Interior, which will probably be the favorite, but I look forward to using Borgia's Opulent Hall and the Fantasy Tavern.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@thistledownsname- you'll love that Iray converter!  You got some nice buys. I, too, have the Jumbo Jet. It's just plain fun!