WIW genesis essentials

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

That is What Is With.

I've been trying to download the genesis essentials pack for 2 weeks, 16 trys. Same thing every time, it starts, gets so far; 30 meg maybe, then stops. I thought not having this update installed was what was causing my issues with studio 4. I'll never find out because it simply will not finish downloading.

And what is with this weird streaming download BS. This is the only site that does it and the only site I haves issues with downloading.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

9 times out of 10, problems like that are local to your machine or are ISP related.

What browser are you using? Any download managers?

Cloud servers/streaming downloads...getting more and more common, especially for large files. Daz isn't the only place I've noticed it lately.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Close browser, clear cache. If that does not work, then close browser, clear cache and then reboot the system to make sure the cache has cleared.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've done all that a few times. This seems limited to the genesis essentials, so not my machine. I downloaded studio 4.5 first try, as well as everything else; maybe not on the first try but i never had to reset anything to get more download attempts.

I run a clean machine, my browser is set to clear cookies/cache every time I close it.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    I've done all that a few times. This seems limited to the genesis essentials, so not my machine. I downloaded studio 4.5 first try, as well as everything else; maybe not on the first try but i never had to reset anything to get more download attempts.

I run a clean machine, my browser is set to clear cookies/cache every time I close it.

Have you tried a different browser, just to see if the same thing happens? Because as already said, those kinds of problems are usually on your end.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I have that problem with Firefox and DAZ regularly. Using Chrome for just the downloads has fixed it for me. Clearing cache sometimes has not.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Can't get it with chrome ether. It's just this one item I am having all this trouble with. Everything else has downloaded fine.
    Doesn't really matter because I have expunged studio from my comp, just bugs me this 1 thing wont download.