What Item is That in Your Promo?

ParrisParris Posts: 392
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I don't know if there is a thread like this already, but it occurred to me that often when I see a product in the store, I see other products being used and I want to know how to get them.

For instance, I'd like to know what hair Gabi for V5 by Morris and DAZ is wearing in the main promo here:Gabi for V5

Maybe, if there isn't a thread like this already (couldn't find one in my search), then we could share with one another where these items used in product promos come from?

What do you think?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

Some venders do supply info on the product page of other items used in the promos and I for one wish more would di it.

Sorry can't help with the hair product.

Post edited by Szark on
  • ParrisParris Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

I agree, Szark. I will definitely be doing that with my store items from now on and may update my old pages too on the chance that it might be helpful to someone.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

Parris said:
    I don't know if there is a thread like this already, but it occurred to me that often when I see a product in the store, I see other products being used and I want to know how to get them.

For instance, I'd like to know what hair Gabi for V5 by Morris and DAZ is wearing in the main promo here:Gabi for V5

Maybe, if there isn't a thread like this already (couldn't find one in my search), then we could share with one another where these items used in product promos come from?

What do you think?

It would be a damn useful thing, but given that many vendors use beta products, products from other sites, discontinued products and even freebies in their promos, it could be dicey in some cases. I wish Daz had an editorial section like rendo where all this stuff could be stuck in.

(As for the hair, it looks like a variant on Foxy hair http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hair/short/foxy-hair with one of the Luminous Foxie textures http://www.daz3d.com/shop/luminous-foxy )

• ParrisParris Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

Foxy Hair. Thank you, Cybersox13! Yes, I realize vendors sometimes use betas and stuff from other sites like Rendo. That's why I think a forum thread like this might be helpful too. Because I think it is still OK to post links to products and freebies elsewhere. It is, isn't it?

It wouldn't have to be limited to products either. Like if folks have questions about products used in a render you've done, you could share that too (if you want). I know folks often do that already but it would be great to have a growing list of information. Just a thought.