Marcoor Vs Sci-Fi Cruiser Comparison

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

I am in interested in the following 2 ships:
http://www.daz3d.com/marcoor-fg-c4
https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-cruiser
but i cant really determine the size of the Marcoor in comparison.  I need a smuggler ship along the size of the Millennium Falcon, but im not finding anything other than these 2.

Any input would be appreciated.

-MJ

Comments

• You might try the scale tool

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Daz Studio units are centemeters so you should be able to size it up eaasily enough

• I am not at home but I can load them both up tonight and do a quick render if you haven't received an answer by then.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Not sure if any will be at the scale you're looking for but http://www.daz3d.com/kibarreto# has some nice ships (the vaguard looks relatively large) and the have interiors too.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

I am not at home but I can load them both up tonight and do a quick render if you haven't received an answer by then.

Thank you.  That would be much appreciated.

-MJ

KA1 said:

Not sure if any will be at the scale you're looking for but http://www.daz3d.com/kibarreto# has some nice ships (the vaguard looks relatively large) and the have interiors too.

The Vanguard doesnt appear to be that big to me.  From the renders and interior shots, I wouldnt put it much bigger than the X-Men Quinjet.  I need something much bigger.

-MJ

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited September 2016

Here you go. Comparison shot.

comparison.JPG
    987 x 558 - 84K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited September 2016

Wow!  I actually expected the size comparisons to be opposite of these results.  Would you say both ships are loaded to standard figure size?

-MJ

PS:  Thank you VERY much for this!

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • Without a cockpit that has a visible interior Marcoor could be any size. You could probably enlarge it to suit whatever-sized vehicle you wanted. 

The cruiser has a visible cockpit so you'd have to retain its proportions somewhat. I admit I didn't mess too much around with it other than load it, but the promo art shows a very tiny human figure which should be the scale. I would check it out but my machine is tied up with  a render that will likely take hours. 

I think the Sci-Fi Cruiser is sized appropriately because as you said, it has a visible cockpit and the promos with people in it kinda gives you an idea of its size.... so im pretty sure that one is sized correctly.

But also from the promos, I was under the impression the Marcoor was a lot bigger.  In comparison, it almost looks like the Marcoor is Fighter class sized.  I expected it be at least as big as the other cruiser... if not bigger.

- MJ

• Again, with no external cues, it can be as big or small as you want it to be...

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    edited September 2016

Actually, the Marcoor can handle some pretty extreme scaling. I loved the lines, but wanted a bigger ship. I kitbashed the doors from DzFire's Nurnies, Parts, and Pieces. I used a V4 figure and guesstimated the scaling of the ship by how much windshield she'd fill if that was one deck. The picture shows it sitting beside a 100% scale version.

SS_Francisco_Pizarro_Planetside_000.png
    1366 x 933 - 2M
    Post edited by Etrigan on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    Etrigan said:

Actually, the Marcoor can handle some pretty extreme scaling. I loved the lines, but wanted a bigger ship. I kitbashed the doors from DzFire's Nurnies, Parts, and Pieces. I used a V4 figure and guesstimated the scaling of the ship by how much windshield she'd fill if that was one deck. The picture shows it sitting beside a 100% scale version.

Very, very nice. Fantastic job!

-- Walt Sterdan 

wsterdan said:
    Etrigan said:

Very, very nice. Fantastic job!

-- Walt Sterdan 

Thanks!

• Etrigan said:

I might borrow that idea, too, as I really like how your kitbashed version looks scaled up with those extra doors!  As it happensm, I even have the Nurnies, Parts and Pieces, too.  :)

Etrigan said:

I might borrow that idea, too, as I really like how your kitbashed version looks scaled up with those extra doors!  As it happensm, I even have the Nurnies, Parts and Pieces, too.  :)

I'll be quite interested in seeing your interpretation. At the scale I used, Ravnheart's corridor sets will fit inside (as a single corridor running the length of the ship). Also at this scale, there is only enough room to have a submarine-like interior. No large rooms to the sides; which I'm still looking at putting together. BTW, the decking for the ramp is from Stonemason's modular set. The ramp would not hold up to a close-up inspection.

• Etrigan said:
    Etrigan said:

I'll be quite interested in seeing your interpretation. At the scale I used, Ravnheart's corridor sets will fit inside (as a single corridor running the length of the ship). Also at this scale, there is only enough room to have a submarine-like interior. No large rooms to the sides; which I'm still looking at putting together. BTW, the decking for the ramp is from Stonemason's modular set. The ramp would not hold up to a close-up inspection.

Thanks, good to know where that came from.  I have everything Stonemason so I have that somewhere!  :)  I might play with this weekend as I've been meaning to play with the Marcoor.  I haven't rendered it yet since I got it.  I really need to do a good space scene. 

• Wait, the FG-C4 is supposed to be the Marcoor itself? I was under the impression that was a parasite that was docked inside the Marcoor.

edited September 2016

Wait, the FG-C4 is supposed to be the Marcoor itself? I was under the impression that was a parasite that was docked inside the Marcoor.

I felt the same way. Ravnheart has named both the FG-C4 and the corridor set "Marcoor". But at 100% the corridors do not fit within the vessel. With the additional sets, even my extreme scaling would not accomodate the control or medical bays.

Edit: In reading the description of the product, Ravnheart does NOT actually call the FG-C4 "Marcoor"; only in the product title. So, your interpretation may be just as accurate, that this "Scout Class" vessel accompanies the Marcoor (docked or in a bay), or it could be a planet/company/race descriptor. "Marcoor FG C4 is a Scout Class ship that will bring you new science fiction adventures for your 3D renders."

Post edited by Etrigan on
    Etrigan said:

This is actually a lot more the size I was thinking it was.  Awesome job  with the kitbashing as well. 

-MJ

MJ007 said:
    Etrigan said:

This is actually a lot more the size I was thinking it was.  Awesome job  with the kitbashing as well. 

-MJ

Thanks!

• Etrigan said:
    Etrigan said:

Thanks, good to know where that came from.  I have everything Stonemason so I have that somewhere!  :)  I might play with this weekend as I've been meaning to play with the Marcoor.  I haven't rendered it yet since I got it.  I really need to do a good space scene. 

Yes.   Yes, you do.   laugh

• Etrigan said:
    Etrigan said:

Yes.   Yes, you do.   laugh

Yeah, I know, I keep saying I need to do one and, yet, I never seem to get one done.  This weekend.  Definitely!!!  :)

Wait, the FG-C4 is supposed to be the Marcoor itself? I was under the impression that was a parasite that was docked inside the Marcoor.

I thought it was *THE* Marcoor itself personally.

-MJ

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

My reading of the description is that it's a smaller vessel the Marcoor sends out... the StarBug to Red Dwarf, if you will.

• Hi everyone, Marcoor FG-C4 is a scout ship and not the mother ship. Hence why it is a small ship. The interitors was not designed to fit into it :)

Hope this helps :)

Ravnheart said:

Hi everyone, Marcoor FG-C4 is a scout ship and not the mother ship. Hence why it is a small ship. The interitors was not designed to fit into it :)

Guess that settles that... Thanks Ravnheart.

-MJ

• Ravnheart said:

Hi everyone, Marcoor FG-C4 is a scout ship and not the mother ship. Hence why it is a small ship. The interitors was not designed to fit into it :)

Will a mothership make an appearance sometime?
  • bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited September 2016

peptipet's Starship Sky Hammer might be an alternative for a Falcon size smuggler ship too, it looks small on some promos, but there's a nice size comparison with a figure on second last promo image. Additional texture available, no interior though (at least I think so, didn't check). Make sure you read the description, it comes with a lot of moving parts and options.

http://www.daz3d.com/starship-sky-hammer

For larger ones there's Spaceship Antares, which has cockpit and engine room / corridor interiors available . I did not try to place the cockpit inside it, but comparing ship from outside and cockpit sets the front windows seem to match. Should give an idea of the size as well. I expect more add-ons for that one coming in future (it says "Sci-Fi Engine Room A").

http://www.daz3d.com/spaceship-antares
    http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-cockpit-interior
    http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-engine-room-a

All PC+ items.

Post edited by bad4u on
  • Etrigan said:

Really like what you did there,  retasking it as a bigger ship.  Gives it alot of usefulness!