G3-v7

To start with i want to say hello and thank daz3D to creating a area where we can create our own stories,fantasies.Furthermore i ve just started using this software for 3 days and i nearly learned eveything expect a few things which i ll ask here.I want to learn about Victoria 7 characters.For example if i buy a v7 character and than i buy a clothe set for g3 female will i be able to use g3 clothing on v7 character or is it a must to buy just v7 clothings for v7 characters?Reason is i found a gorgeous v7 character but i m very curious of buying it because clothes which i like are all g3 females and there is nothing writing about v7 in g3 clothe sets.Right now in these 3 days i spent nearly 4 or 5 hours to learn this program by using it and i learned how to uit zip files,lights,posing a character and ofcourse iray.I just want to know if i can use g3 item in all v7 characters.And explaining g3 v4 v7 would be better to since i m a new user :)

Comments

• Clothing are ALWAYS for a figure, not a shape.  They may call Victoria 7 a 'figure' but she's really just a shape and a set of materials for Genesis 3 Female.  Just think with you see V7 that is the same as G3F.  The only times it will matter is when it's a character that's built on V7.  That's it.  There was a day when the victorias were their own figures, (v4 and below) but now it's the Genesis line, which each has their own victoria shape and uv maps.  

• Actualy you filled nearly all the blanks in my mind but just for to be sure ı want to buy this character

http://www.daz3d.com/cailin-for-victoria-7

And for example ıf ı buy this clothing which writes for genesis 3 female

http://www.daz3d.com/nova-dress-for-genesis-3-female-s

simply will they match or not and ofcourse poses are important for me too or face expressions will ı be able to use a pose set which only writes g3 female?Because as ı see the character probably a built with v7.And thanks for informations !

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Any character made for a seven series product (Victoria 7 for example) will work in Genesis 3, even if you don't own the specific 7 series character; you just won't get the shape that the specific character adds.

Clothing is the same, although some tweakage may be required depending on the pose.

Poses will also work, even those specified for a 7 series character; sometimes slight adjustments might be required, although they are usually minor.

Anything prior to Genesis 3 will require work and often additional products to get it working with Genesis 3; poses will have issues, even after converting via one of the products. Clothes may or may not work, shoes and gloves - it is best to presume they wont work, although flat shoes can work to some extent.