Difference between these 2 hairs

http://www.daz3d.com/cats-meow-hair

and

http://www.daz3d.com/cats-meow-hair-for-genesis-2-females

the difference is only the fit? One is for generation 4 and the other for generation 6?

No difference in texture maps, shaders, etc?

I don't know which one to buy...

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Looks that way to me. I used Genesis hair yesterday on the Girl 7 and it works but you often have to do an extra 'Parent to ...' step. Also I get asked well who was the hair made for but only Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 3 Male are on the list. Genesis 2 Male and Genesis are not on the list. A bit odd I think but it gets fitted.

• Looks that way to me. I used Genesis hair yesterday on the Girl 7 and it works but you often have to do an extra 'Parent to ...' step. Also I get asked well who was the hair made for but only Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 3 Male are on the list. Genesis 2 Male and Genesis are not on the list. A bit odd I think but it gets fitted.

oh for that you can use a simple trick: add g2f to the scene. Fit from Genesis to G2F, then fit again the hair from G2F to G3F. It will fit better :)

I wanted to know because if the only difference is the fit, I will buy the cheaper one haha...

taemimun said:

Looks that way to me. I used Genesis hair yesterday on the Girl 7 and it works but you often have to do an extra 'Parent to ...' step. Also I get asked well who was the hair made for but only Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 3 Male are on the list. Genesis 2 Male and Genesis are not on the list. A bit odd I think but it gets fitted.

oh for that you can use a simple trick: add g2f to the scene. Fit from Genesis to G2F, then fit again the hair from G2F to G3F. It will fit better :)

I wanted to know because if the only difference is the fit, I will buy the cheaper one haha...

OK, thanks for that. I have to also remember once I have a good fit on a Genesis 3 character for old items I can save it as a new product I think or maybe it's a new preset to save that improved fit.

• taemimun said:

OK, thanks for that. I have to also remember once I have a good fit on a Genesis 3 character for old items I can save it as a new product I think or maybe it's a new preset to save that improved fit.

you're welcome :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Two other differences:

-- the V4 version is in Poser format (with a StudioCF containing DS material presets); the G2F version is entirely in DS native format

-- the G2F version has metadata; the V4 version does not

• Two other differences:

-- the V4 version is in Poser format (with a StudioCF containing DS material presets); the G2F version is entirely in DS native format

So it means that I cannot access the hair through Smart Content, right?

And the materials in neither is for Iray also?

taemimun said:

Two other differences:

Neither has iRay settings they are too old. I think you can still send to Smart Content if you like though. I'd be inclined to buy the Genesis version is Genesis or newer is what you use.

• taemimun said:

Two other differences:

Neither has iRay settings they are too old. I think you can still send to Smart Content if you like though. I'd be inclined to buy the Genesis version is Genesis or newer is what you use.

I bought the cheaper one :P I can make metadata, and since both are too old to have Iray and I can fit them myself, not worth paying $1 more in my case :) I use equally from V4 to G3 haha... :P Still have made my mind... Btw, nice character on your icon!

edited September 2016
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

Two other differences:

I bought the cheaper one :P I can make metadata, and since both are too old to have Iray and I can fit them myself, not worth paying $1 more in my case :) I use equally from V4 to G3 haha... :P Still have made my mind... Btw, nice character on your icon!

Thanks. I like you icon too. I would like to do more modern hair colors on renders but haven't tried yet. DAZ Studio is a lot to learn really. Well $1 is more than half of most platinum club plus items.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on