Fatal Whisper stockings missing most of its mesh?

lulamfadalulamfada Posts: 69

I'm begining to think Studio is playing jokes. Fatal Whispers for G2F seems to have lost something, as you may see in the attached image: the stockings have toes and a thigh band but no mesh in between. The preview pictures clearly show stockings in various colors but... I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, both the Poser and Daz files, but no change. Does anyone else have this outfit with this problem?

FatalMissing.jpg
1281 x 1080 - 487K
Post edited by lulamfada on

Comments

• Does it use a texture overlay on the wearer's legs for the rest? That would avoid the issue with a lot of stockings of keeping them close without poke-through, and in 3Delight would avoid weird shadowing due to the Sahdow Bias settings.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Does it use a texture overlay on the wearer's legs for the rest? That would avoid the issue with a lot of stockings of keeping them close without poke-through, and in 3Delight would avoid weird shadowing due to the Sahdow Bias settings.

From memory that is exactly what it does

• Ok, thank you both, I missed that extra folder. Seems a bit odd to include the toes, doesn't it? The smoothing modifier works wonders on all my other stockings. Ah, well.

• The toes are included, I would imagine, as there the fabric bridges between them rather than following the skin. Similarly the tops are included as the suspenders will pull them up and away from the skin a bit, so the texture approach wouldn't work.

• If you look closely at the What's Included section of the store page, Material Options does mention Second Skin is used for the stockings. It should be a bit more obvious, I know — when you're new to all this, it isn't always clear what some of the terms mean.