DAZ3D and Mixamo animation problem

Hi from France,

I used to export mixamo animations (skeleton, BVH) into DAZ3D characters. All was perfect. But now DAZ's characters don't follow most of the animations anymore, especially when there are acrobatic animations. For instance, during a backflip animation the characters stay stuck in the air instead of going back to the ground. Why such a difference ?

Could you help me solve this strange phenomenon?

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,775
    edited September 2016

Hi those Mixamo motions are created with a rig that has
    a proper IK system for foot contact with the floor in jumping/landing motions
    Daz studio does not. 
    Since BVH uses the hip as the root mover for the entire figure
    this causes problems as the hip to feet IK chain is not preserved when the mixamo Rig is exported to BVH. 

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Hi Wolf359 :-)

thanks for your help.

I"ll try the aniblocks anim which are more adapted

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
    edited September 2016
    festival said:

Hi from France,

I used to export mixamo animations (skeleton, BVH) into DAZ3D characters. All was perfect. But now DAZ's characters don't follow most of the animations anymore, especially when there are acrobatic animations. For instance, during a backflip animation the characters stay stuck in the air instead of going back to the ground. Why such a difference ?

Could you help me solve this strange phenomenon?

Can you specify the Mixamo motion you use? And the figure you're exporting from, and also the figure you importing to.

The rigging on the currently available Mixamo characters isn't unfortunately fully compatible for DAZ characters anymore. Genesis 3 is the worst, for it's node layout is incompatible to Mixamo's auto-rigging system.

Post edited by Arnold C on
  • Is there a workaround at all?
    Apologies, new to these forums, specifically trying to solve same problem.
    Someone somewhere else said to try importing BVH to G2 figures, then exporting that BHV out of Daz, then re-importing onto G3. By putting onto G2 first and then exportin,g it's Daz friendly when re-importing back into G3, or something?