hi how do i backup all my content i installed so i never have to reinstall it all over again

if my c drive goes ,how do i backup all my content so i dont have to install them all over again 

Comments

• lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

hey does anyone know how to backup my daz folder , so if i need a new hardrive i dont have to reinstall all my content again 

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

All you need to do is copy everything inside your content folder(s) whatever they might be called, content, My Library, My DAZ Library, or whatever. You can check in the library manager where content is stored and copy all those directories. Then you just need to reinstall DS and its plug-ins and tell the program in the library manager where the content is and you are good to go.

I have been using DS and Poser for over a decade and moved across about 7 different computers in that time and I have never reinstalled anything.  

Ciso

TD

ok this is what i did 

i took the mydaz folder where all my content is in and and copied it on portable hardrive , is that what you mean 

ok this is what i did 

i took the mydaz folder where all my content is in and and copied it on portable hardrive , is that what you mean 

Correct. That is what you need to do. You also need to tell DS where the content is located if the drive name/letter or path changed with the new drive or new computer. 

TD

oh can you walk me through that 

iam not sure how to do that 

Sure. Give me a second. 

TD

one more thing i have some content from daz studio 4.8 in there will that still be there too , 

before i went to 4.9 

thank you so much for all your help 

• diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited August 2016

(1 Back up your entire 2 TB hard drive.

(2 Remove the 50 MB of files that aren't DAZ content...

(Just kidding)

Depending on how long you've been using DAZ though you may have content in more than one location.  Best way to check on this is on the content Libary Pane,   You want the Content Library Manager, then check to see any directorires listed.  You add the libraries to the new installation this way too.

Post edited by diogenese19348 on
    edited August 2016

1 copy the directory or directories to their destination (new drive or computer)

2 start DS

3 go to the content library pane

4 open the menu (arrow and four lines, in the top right corner of the content library pane)

5 Select "Content Directory Manager"

6 select "DAZ studio formats" and check if the directory you just copied is listed. If not right click, select "add base directory" and add the directory you copied

7 repeat for any additional directories you have or for any Poser directories or DAZ connect directories if you use those

8 you should be able to see the content as usual

hope this helps

TD

Post edited by thd777 on

one more thing i have some content from daz studio 4.8 in there will that still be there too , 

As long as you make sure that all directories are copied and you tell DS where they are, it will be fine.

TD

sure does thank you soooooooo much my friend 

• Merged duplicate threads. Please do not make the same post in multiple forums.

No problem. Let me know if anything goes wrong. As long as you do not delete anything until everything is sorted out, you will not loose anything.

TD

i sure will thanks again for your help 

i really appreciate it