Video Cards ok with Windows 10?

I just packaged for return a Zotac video card. 4GB 64bit 300+ Cuda Cores.  Looked like a good bet but could not get any drivers to work with Windows 10.

The CD that comes with it does not have ANY drivers on it for this card so had to download.  After losing 5 hours and remaining few hairs I am sending it back.

I don't have a huge budget.

I don't play games. Some of those high end cards for fast game motion not relevant to me.

Would love some suggestion as to a decent nvidia video card to improve rendere speeds.

Windows 10.

Version 1511

OS Build:  10586.545

Support tried their best suggested and provided link to upgrade to next version of Win 10 as they say their prior drivers did have issues.

Spent most of my downtime trying to update Windows but stuck at 31% for an hour no progress so just hard restart back to original windows.

Suggestions? Links?

Thanks all.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

You didn't say what model of card you had trouble with.

• erostewerostew Posts: 214

I have had good luck with my GTX 970 and they are mostly on sale now. I want to get a 1070 when I have some cash. 

Since your card has Cuda I am guessing it was Nvidia of some kind. Biggest tip is do NOT let Windows install any drivers for it if you can manage to stop it. Always get only the drivers for Nvidia.com and install them. If necessary they will over-ride the ones from Microsoft.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

You don't need to mess with the disc that comes with nVidia cards anymore (The drivers are probably out of date anyway) just get the geforce experience program and it will detect install and update drivers for your card. (And works just fine with win 10)