Anyone have problems saving scene files in the Cloud?

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I started saving my Scene files to Google Drive, so that I can get to them from various locations, when travelling.  

Problem if that when I try and just "Save" a file, it fails with the below.  If I "save as" a new filename, no problem.  (that is from the log file)

WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2066): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()
Failed to save a file. See the log for more details.
WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2066): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()
Failed to save a file. See the log for more details.
Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Comments

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136

Most likely happens because Google Drive isn't a local hard drive.  Best bet is to save locally and upload to the cloud after.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

It actually is a local drive location, that get's synced to the cloud.  My guess is that it is a write permission thing (i.e. it starts to create the file, then Google drive starts syncing, and DS can't continue cause the file is being copied), but that would only occur if DS is writing some, then adding some, then adding some to the file during a single save process.

It's disappointing to have to do a 2 step process to save a single file like this.  :(