Installing third party model on a Mac

Hello, I received these files in one folder and my artist tells me I should be able to open the .duf file and there will be a locate missing files option, I then point to the folder and all is well. I get a missing files error and no locate files option. Not sure where to go from here. The artist is not on a mac and doesn't seem to know whatthe problem is. I don't know where the files are supposed to be installed ot how. Most tutorials say I need to follow the folder structure but I didn't get the files in folders so not sure where to put them. Any help would be great. I'm a total beginner.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 8.06.48 PM.png
1278 x 468 - 106K
Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 8.14.39 PM.png
1716 x 1210 - 273K

Comments

• The Data and Runtime folders from the zip need to be merged with the Daat and Runtime folders in one of your content directories (such as the \DAZ 3D\Studio\MY Library folder in your Documents folder). On a Mac this needs to be done with care, to avoid replacing the existing folders.

• I didn't get Data or Runtime folders in the Zip. It's all in one folder as per the screenshot.

• The artist just sent the files in folders, should get it sorted from here. Thanks for the help =)

• Ah, well you wouldn't have been able to make it work with just those files as there was no geometry to define the shape.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You need to delete all the files and the zip.  The Guy 7 textures are DAZ copyrighted property that the person who give you the zip did not have the right to redistribute.

• Ah, I hadn't noticed which textures they were. That is correct, the maps cannot be shared - if this is a Genesis 3 male figure then the things that can be shared are presets, not the textures and not the asset files (in the Data folder).

• The Data and Runtime folders from the zip need to be merged with the Daat and Runtime folders in one of your content directories (such as the \DAZ 3D\Studio\MY Library folder in your Documents folder). On a Mac this needs to be done with care, to avoid replacing the existing folders.

Highly recommend DittoGUI for this purpose for OSX users. It merges content in a Windows like way; for whatever reason, OS X has never quite gotten this right.

Cheap and will make life much, much easier for Mac users installing content

http://support.ilike.co.nz/linkto/dittogui/