Spline Modeler Can't Remember Font After Closing File - Known Bug?

Just checking to see if anyone else has experienced this. After closing a file with text modeled in the Spline Modeler, then opening again, the text reverts to default font (Geneva). Has anyone else experienced this? Using Carrara 8.1 here, and I no longer have older versions installed to test. Also, maybe an extra special gift to Mac users? Thanks

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249

Sorry nobody's responding. It's never happed to me... but I've also never done that! LOL

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited August 2016

I just tested it using both Carrara 8.1.1.12 and 8.5.1.19 under Mac OS 10.11.6, and the fonts that I chose were saved and persisted through closing, quitting, and reopening the saved files.

So... I guess I don't know. Perhaps something about the particular font(s) that you are choosing?

I've never tried using the font tool in the Spline Modeler before either. Kind of neat.

Post edited by de3an on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    de3an said:

So... I guess I don't know. Perhaps something about the particular font(s) that you are choosing?

I think you are correct - I just did a quick test with regular Helvetica and also American Typewriter (...choosing kind of randomly) and the file opened and closed with the correct font. In my questionble scene I had chosen Stone Sans ITC TT, which may not be so standard and may tickle Carrra wrong. Thanks for checking and maybe only certain fonts are tricky.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249

I have to try that one of these days. Spline modeler is just so cool... yet I always almost forget that it's there :(

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Lol, I forgot there is a dedicated Text tool - doh! Works great and remembers my font choice. Yay!