Shadow without environment

Niki_ArtNiki_Art Posts: 50
edited August 2016 in New Users

If I use only character with light but without environment (interior or exterior), is it possible to get a shadow of the character on the ground? If so, how can I do it?

Post edited by Niki_Art on

Comments

• Niki_ArtNiki_Art Posts: 50
    edited August 2016

Is it solution with Create - New primitive - Plane? I never experimented with it untill now.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,998
    edited August 2016

Iray or 3Delight?

In Iray, you have the solution in the Environment tab of the render settings. Look for "Draw Ground" and click it to "on". It will give you a ground shadow on an artificial ground. If you leave the option "Draw Dome" set to off, and save the image as PNG, you will have a shadow with your character on a transparent background. You can increase/decrease the shadow intensity using the Ground Shadow Intensity slider below it.

drawground.JPG
    487 x 773 - 61K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Niki_ArtNiki_Art Posts: 50
    edited September 2016
    BeeMKay said:

Iray or 3Delight?

In Iray, you have the solution in the Environment tab of the render settings. Look for "Draw Ground" and click it to "on". It will give you a ground shadow on an artificial ground. If you leave the option "Draw Dome" set to off, and save the image as PNG, you will have a shadow with your character on a transparent background. You can increase/decrease the shadow intensity using the Ground Shadow Intensity slider below it.

Thank you very much BeeMKay