Big scenes like The last stand are laggy when I edit them. Any ideas about how to improve that?

My CPU is I7 4790K and my GPU is GTX 970. I was wondering if a upgrade will improve the viewport speed. I was thinking about adding a second GTX 970 or a brand new GTX 1070. That is after the drivers are available and Daz Studio receives it's upgrade of course. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Which viewport mode are you using - texture Shaded or nVidia Iray? What are your optimisation and performance settings in Edit>Prefrences>Interface?

• Which viewport mode are you using - texture Shaded or nVidia Iray? What are your optimisation and performance settings in Edit>Prefrences>Interface?

Thanks for your answer, it was slow for both, but I already fixed it. Right after I posted this thread I did a Google search and found out about the "Interface" tab you just mentioned. I activated hardware acceleration among other things and now the viewport runs like the roadrunner. Sorry for not doing that search before I posted this thread. Thanks for your help and thanks to Daz for such nice software. Every day I learn something new and I'm enjoying it very much!