G3M hands all weird after pose applied

I used GENX2 to convert a character from G2Mto G3M.  When I apply any pose, the hands do this weird thing I can't explain.  Is there a way to fix this, or is it a bug?  I included a picture of the problem.

Capture5.PNG
1596 x 900 - 1023K

Comments

• JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143

The figure's rigging is off, which is strange, since I believe GenX usually fixes that automatically. Regardless, you should be able to fix it.

First of all, you need to make sure that no shaping or posing is applied to the figure--that the figure is in its default state.

Then, apply the new shape that you transfered.

Next, in the Scene tab, make sure your figure is selected, then go to Edit>Figure>Rigging>Adjust Rigging to Shape...

You should be able to leave all the settings at their default for the next popup in this instance. Click Accept.

After that, in the Parameters tab, right click anywhere and selecet Edit Mode.

With Edit Mode on, right click on your new shape's parameter and click on ERC Freeze. Click accept.

At this point, test your figure to see if you're having the same problem. If you're not, then you need to save the morph. Zero the figure again at this point so that there are no poses or shapes applied.

Go to File>Save As>Support Asset>Save Modified Assets. You'll get a popup asking you if you're sure. Hopefully, the only thing showing up in the popup as modified is your new morph. It may also say the base G3M duf. Assuming you zeroed the figure first, it should be fine to click accept.

If you have more than that showing up as modified when you go to Save Modified Assets, then you'll need to save the morph individually which is more complicated. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 238

Thank you, JackFoster.  I followed your steps and it worked.  I never had that problem with G2M or G2F.  I hope this is something that they can fix.  People who are like me, will be very frusterated and perhaps go back to G2M and G2F if they have to do this each and every time they convert characters they created.