Pinwheel Earrings for Genesis 2 Female

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,146

I have included 2 Iray antiqued metal material files for these earrings that require a texture map (gold and silver). You may use plain shiny metal over the whole thing if you desire, but they are there if you want to use them. There are also a few Iray SSS single gem shaders to get you started. For a more complete shader pack, please download my free Jewelry Shaders pack for Iray. However, any shaders you have should work just fine.

I've included a few simple morphs for the large drop: Scale, Change Shape Oval and Change Shape Triangular (pointing either up or down).

These earrings do not autofit well to G3F, but if you select G3F and load each earring, choosing "Unsupported" and "None" on import, they parent well and are easy to move around.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/85926/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Pinwheel-Earrings-for-Genesis-2-Female

Have Fun.

Laurie

Earring-Promo-1.jpg
800 x 800 - 460K
Earring-Promo-2.jpg
800 x 800 - 568K

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,146

Another render of the earrings and morphs.

Laurie

Earring-Promo-3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 412K
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

These are beautiful.  I downloaded them, but I am having a hard time finding them in Daz Studio.

Where can I find them? 

People/Genesis 2 Female/Accessories/AllenArt Jewelry

edited August 2016

Thank you!  These are lovely earrings, which I will definately be making use of. 

I work in 3Delight, so I can't show a render in Iray.  However, I can should what they look like converted to 3Delight materials with Ubersurface Base.

By the way, they autofitted to G3F easily for me by choosing G2F in the autofit box. 

Morphs:  The triangular shaped morph worked great, but I didn't see any change when I used Change Shape Oval or Scale Drop.  Is that because I am using Genesis 3?

Pinwheel earrings UberSurface Base.jpg
    600 x 600 - 189K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

Thanks.  Great set!

edited August 2016

They do autofit to G3, but they become distorted and I can see the distortion in your render :( That was the reason I mentioned it in the post and in the readme. That's why I recommend not fitting them to G3F but instead just parenting them in place. These earrings were the very first thing I ever rigged in DS and the first rigging I've done in maybe 6 years. I rigged a pair of shoes in Poser...once. LOL. Soon as I figure out how to rig stuff for G3 (can't find any tutes yet) I'll rig them for G3 too.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    edited August 2016

Have you tried selecting Right 02 or Left 02 and going to the shaping tab and changing the oval and scale there? It works for me. Not sure why it might not be working for you, All three morphs are in the data folder. Hmmmm.

Laurie

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,185

Wow these look lovely! I last visited your ShareCG "store" ages ago (when the Shimmery fabric shaders came out) and it seems I've missed quite a lot - thanks for all these great freebies.

dracorn said:

Morphs:  The triangular shaped morph worked great, but I didn't see any change when I used Change Shape Oval or Scale Drop.  Is that because I am using Genesis 3?

Did you get the morphs to work? Anyone else's morphs not working?

Laurie

MelanieL said:

Wow these look lovely! I last visited your ShareCG "store" ages ago (when the Shimmery fabric shaders came out) and it seems I've missed quite a lot - thanks for all these great freebies.

You're welcome :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Thanks for another great useful freebie Allen!!!!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,185
    edited August 2016

Cailin (G3F) wearing your earrings and the pavé bangle - the earrings are parented not autofit, so the morphs work fine (I've made them a little oval and a little triangular). I've also used your jewellery shaders on the stones in the earrings, your nail shaders on Cailin and your velvet fabric shaders on the dress - great stuff, thanks again! smiley

AllenArt-Freebies.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 484K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    MelanieL said:

Cailin (G3F) wearing your earrings and the pavé bangle - the earrings are parented not autofit, so the morphs work fine (I've made them a little oval and a little triangular). I've also used your jewellery shaders on the stones in the earrings, your nail shaders on Cailin and your velvet fabric shaders on the dress - great stuff, thanks again! smiley

Ohhhhhh...that's lovely! :D

Laurie

AllenArt said:
    dracorn said:

Did you get the morphs to work? Anyone else's morphs not working?

Laurie

I can use the triangle morph, but sadly, the oval does not work.  I'm using it on G3F.

K, gonna install on my other machine. Will get back....

FWIW, they all work for me on the machine I set them up on. And I linked the folder from my desktop, unlinked it and installed them to my main library like I would if if I'd downloaded it. I'm stumped :(

Laurie

edited August 2016

Ok, I did not have them installed on my desktop, so I downloaded and installed them just like you did ;). I parented them to G3F, added V7 and....

They work. I dunno what I'm doing that you aren't or vice versa. LOL But all three morphs are working for me. DON'T click the body of the earring when you go to the shaping tab, click the drop at the bottom of the earing...the part that's actually getting the morph. I haven't had any trouble getting them to work. Are all of you using DS 4.9? Maybe that's the difference. I made them on 4.9 and I'm using them in 4.9.

Here are the scaling and oval morphs at 100%

V7 Earring Morphs.JPG
    1040 x 559 - 169K
    edited August 2016
    AllenArt said:

edited August 2016

I'm happy with the triangle morph :-)  I've just closed out my DS 4.9 so I'll have a go at he oval shape again tomorrow.  These are very lovely earrings.

Turquise Earrings - LR.jpg
    803 x 861 - 546K
    Post edited by ThatGuy on

Maybe the morphs aren't working because they're autofitted (I can tell yours are autofitted)? They don't autofit to G3F very well (they distort a lot). I'll have to try autofitting them and see if that's what's making the morphs disappear.... I just parent them to G3F rather than autofit. Then eveyrthing works as intended :). They work fine on G2F tho. LOL.

Laurie

edited August 2016

Update: Autofitting (rather than parenting) the earrings to G3 IS what's making the morphs not work. The triangular morph is probably working because it's an actual morph I did in a modeling program and loaded via Morph Loader. The Oval and Scale morphs are more or less ERC freezes of Parameter settings. When I have the earring just PARENTED to G3, they work fine, but as soon as I autofit, the scale and oval morphs disappear and it goes back to the default, but the triangular morph still dials in. So, if you want to use them on G3F, parent, don't autofit/conform ;).

yes, you are right.  It works 100% if you don't autofit it to G3F and I can see the slight distortion from my earlier image.  Now that I'm doing it correctly, there is no longer that distortion.

ThatGuy said:

yes, you are right.  It works 100% if you don't autofit it to G3F and I can see the slight distortion from my earlier image.  Now that I'm doing it correctly, there is no longer that distortion.

Parenting them to G3 will mean they won't autofollow but if you select the earwire part of the earring, you can get the move widget - they're really easy to move around. And all the bones still work too :). I'm sure at some point I'll learn how to overcome some issues like this (I've only been using DS for about a year after having used Poser for 20 years :P).

Laurie

edited August 2016

I was playing around with G2F - the morphs don't work with autofit on her, either. 

If I load them without autofit (G2F deselected), they appear in the middle of her body and took a little time to move to her ears because the pivot center was over to the side.

Here they are with a combination of scale, oval and triangle morphs.  I used your materials and added omnifreaker's Uberbase for 3Delight.

PInwheel Oval triangle.jpg
    600 x 600 - 252K
    Post edited by dracorn on
    dracorn said:

I was playing around with G2F - the morphs don't work with autofit on her, either. 

If I load them without autofit (G2F deselected), they appear in the middle of her body and took a little time to move to her ears because the pivot center was over to the side.

Here they are with a combination of scale, oval and triangle morphs.  I used your materials and added omnifreaker's Uberbase for 3Delight.

Whether I have them autofit to G2F or load them without conforming, they load right where her ears are. Plus all my morphs work, parented or autofitted. Sorry folks. I don't know how to help ya :(. I have others telling me they work fine too. I'm stumped to say the least.

Laurie