Registering Online

I just installed Carerra Pro and when it asked me to registser online, I clicked on the link, but it goes to a "404 Not Found" screen. Is there a problem with the register page?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2016

yes,  it doesn't work any more. wink  Is it Carrara 8.5 Pro you are talking about?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • melaniemelanie Posts: 770

Are we not required to register it? Or does it matter?

edited August 2016

I don't recall being asked to register on line when I installed my version of Carrara,  which is why I asked if it was 8.5 that you were installing

It's been quite some time since the register online thing was discontinued.

Post edited by Chohole on

Yes, it's 8.5 Pro. I just bought it in the sale this morning.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248
    melanie said:

Yes, it's 8.5 Pro. I just bought it in the sale this morning.

Yaaay!!! Welcome to our wonderful world!!! Welcome! :)

Strange.   No you don't need to register online.   You will probably need to find your serial number, which is in yout account prfile, neatly filed under "Serial Numbers"

I already put my serial number in there right away. Maybe it doesn't need to be registered.

I think how it works now is that, ever since DIM was released, and they came up with that how we can sign one EULA for all purchases rather than for each item separately, the need to register has simply become obsolete.

Enjoy your new Carrara 8.5 Pro, along with all of this added stuff:

Oh... and FYI, "Render Node" is only for computers other than the one you're using Carrara on. So you can network other computers to assist in your renders (a render farm) by installing the Render Node that matches the version you're using on other computers... no need to install that along with Carrara on the machine you're using Carrara on.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Don't install any "render nodes" on the same computer as the main program.  The render nodes are for people who plan to send renders to multiple machines.

diomede said:

Don't install any "render nodes" on the same computer as the main program.  The render nodes are for people who plan to send renders to multiple machines.

Thanks! Far less words makes for much easier understandability! ;)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

I think we were typing at the same time.

• ReneWReneW Posts: 124

I have the same thing.  Do we just disregard the little blue link that says Register On line?

Carrara Register Screen.jpg
    575 x 451 - 62K
    edited August 2016
    ReneW said:

I have the same thing.  Do we just disregard the little blue link that says Register On line?

Yes please ;)

Also... Yaaaaaay!!! Welcome to Carrara!!!!! :)

EDIT: Yeah, having a Daz3d account (require to purchase anything) now registers you at the time of purchase. So it's all good to go. yes

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Funny thing is, I still always click on that whenever I do a fresh install, like on a new computer, etc.,  I know it leads to 404 Error... but I still do it. Why do I still do that? Why? LOL

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

That is just the information window that comes up every time you start Carrara unless you disable it in the preferences.

I have mine still running as it has some interesting hints in it.

That is just the information window that comes up every time you start Carrara unless you disable it in the preferences.

I have mine still running as it has some interesting hints in it.

Oh right! I have mine running too. Is that the same "Register Online" window? Perhaps clicking on that link removes that page from the tips menu. That window never pops up for me unless I perform a fresh install. Hmmm... Thanks again, chickman!