How about a few thank yous!!

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Thanks Wilmap!

You make good outfits.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Opps, sorry just caught this thread. Thank you. I love your work because of the everyday people look you do. Not enough of it is done in my book.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thank you Wendy, lovely, useful items as always.

I just grabbed them.

• info a411info a411 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    A Frilled Dress for Genesis.

Several textures included.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65590/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Frilled-Dress

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm a noob. Do I need some other things installed before I use this?

DAZ is missing /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Dresses/Frilled Dress/Dress frilled.dsf

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952
    edited December 1969

Thank you wilmap, looks lovely

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited November 2012

info said:
    wilmap said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm a noob. Do I need some other things installed before I use this?

DAZ is missing /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Dresses/Frilled Dress/Dress frilled.dsfAll you have to do is drag the Pusey Designs folder into Documents> Daz 3D> Studio> My Library> People> Genesis> Clothing. Any further Pusey Designs outfits you download drag into that Pusey Designs folder. You drop the Textures>Pusey Designs folder into Documents> Daz 3D> Studio> My Library> People> Runtime> Textures

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited December 1969

info said:
    wilmap said:

DAZ is missing /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Dresses/Frilled Dress/Dress frilled.dsf

All you have to do is drag the Pusey Designs folder into Documents> Daz 3D> Studio> My Library> People> Genesis> Clothing. Any further Pusey Designs outfits you download drag into that Pusey Designs folder. You drop the Textures>Pusey Designs folder into Documents> Daz 3D> Studio> My Library> People> Runtime> Textures

Ah ... no, that's not quite right. If you do that, you'll miss the items that go into the Data folder ... which is exactly the issue the person seems to be having.

Open the ZIP file. You should see a folder called "Genesis Frilled Dress." Open that folder. You should see three directories: data, People, Runtime. Drag ALL THREE of those folders into "My Library"; if you're on a PC, Windows will ask if you want to merge these directories. Click "Yes". That should install it. The next time you start Studio, you'll see a directory with "Pusey Designs" in the Genesis clothing directory, and the Genesis Frilled Dress should be inside that. (NOTE: I have a PC; I understand that for older versions of Mac system software, doing this may delete your existing directories rather than merging them together. If you have a Mac, someone else will need to tell you how to merge directories.)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    info said:
    wilmap said:

All you have to do is drag the Pusey Designs folder into Documents> Daz 3D> Studio> My Library> People> Genesis> Clothing. Any further Pusey Designs outfits you download drag into that Pusey Designs folder. You drop the Textures>Pusey Designs folder into Documents> Daz 3D> Studio> My Library> People> Runtime> Textures

Ah ... no, that's not quite right. If you do that, you'll miss the items that go into the Data folder ... which is exactly the issue the person seems to be having.

Open the ZIP file. You should see a folder called "Genesis Frilled Dress." Open that folder. You should see three directories: data, People, Runtime. Drag ALL THREE of those folders into "My Library"; if you're on a PC, Windows will ask if you want to merge these directories. Click "Yes". That should install it. The next time you start Studio, you'll see a directory with "Pusey Designs" in the Genesis clothing directory, and the Genesis Frilled Dress should be inside that. (NOTE: I have a PC; I understand that for older versions of Mac system software, doing this may delete your existing directories rather than merging them together. If you have a Mac, someone else will need to tell you how to merge directories.)If he';s on a pre-Lion Mac, he'll need to manually put each folder into the proper folder within the My Library folder. So, it's a simple matter of, in addition to placing placing the afforementioned folders within their proper subfolder within My Library> People, also put the content of the Data folder within the My Library> Data folder. "Merging" folders isn't always an option.

edited December 1969

There seems to be an error in the way the 'data' folder is set up.
    There are two folders called Genesis Frilled Dress. Is that correct Wendy?

Untitled-2.jpg
    410 x 498 - 118K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

That is how it is on my PC. Why there are two folders I don't know. Does it work like that or should it be amended?

edited December 1969

No, it doesn't work Wendy. I get the error shown below when I try to load the file called 'Frilled Dress.DSF' from the Content Library tab.

Untitled-1.jpg
    462 x 304 - 77K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited November 2012

Ok, have altered that and updated the file.

I had two frilled dresses and had put the wrong one in the folder! Sorry about that!

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

That works fine now Wendy.
    Thank you very much for fixing it.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

thank you very much for continuing to create wonderful clothing for Genesis.

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

Very nice dress! I have the DSON importer, will this work in Poser?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Lovely - thanks so much!

• Lord_AshesLord_Ashes Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

I like the dress but initially I had problems using it with the Daz Animations. The top of the dress would stay rigid so if the actor was kneeling, bowing, etc the actor would "rip out" of the top of the dress.

However, I was able to fix this problem by exporting and importing the dress (maybe this step was not necessary) and then using the Transfer Utility to re-rig the dress using the "Bodysuit - Loose" template.

This seemed to have resolved my issue.