Best of DAZ Sale -- Close But No Banana!

I just checked out the 'Best of DAZ' promotion pages, and ended up confirming what I have been suspecting all along: I already have the Best of DAZ!

Yep, almost everything in the sale is something I have already acquired!  (All but two from the 50%-off category -- and one of those is the Indie Game Developer License; everything in the 60%-off category; and all but nine from the 75%-off group -- and none of those really count, because most are 'Starter' bundles (when I already have the 'Pro' bundles, which include them), and 'Suites', consisting of stuff I already acquired independently!)

It' getting to the point where the sales just aren't sporting anymore!

Come on, DAZ, up your game!

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I ran into this as well. I already own everything I want out of the bundles lol.

• It's DAZ's way of telling us we're buying WAY too much I guess :P

Pickings were slim for me also, but since I just pigged out on the Star2 sale, and the PA sale is on deck, it is probably just as well.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

Well, there are a few items in the sale I would like, but I'll wait a bit more.

That's the choice we get. Want to play with new stuff right away, (and have the budget for it) then buy when new at higher/normal introduction price. Or be patient and wait for a sale.... Or be even more patient and wait for an even better sale (and thus not be able to play with it yet.....)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited August 2016

I just want a general use discount. There is a set from smay I really want but it is full price and a sale on that store would be great.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,446

I'm having a bit of a dilemma. There's lots of stuff that I would like in the sales today. But then again, I don't want to miss out on the PA sale. WHY DAZ, WHY!? crying

• I just want a general use discount. There is a set from smay I really want but it is full price and a sale on that store would be great.

I would say there is about a 100% chance that the good DAZ fairy will bonk you over the head with her wand sometime next month and grant you 50% off on that item... assuming it has lost its "new item" smell by then.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I'm just hoping that DAZ has a sale before the PA sale that includes a huge discount on gift cards

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

I've think I've only seen smay's products on sale once this year.

• Kharma said:

I'm just hoping that DAZ has a sale before the PA sale that includes a huge discount on gift cards

I'll second that.  Credit card is paid off in full ;)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

bananas props always useful.

waiting on the unflateable pineapple

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

I guess I'm just going to have to be philosophical about this, and try to take the hint: I've been buying entirely too much content lately, and maybe it's time to think about dialing it back a bit!

Maybe I should start over-using my wishlist for a while (instead of the cart!); remember when the DAZ store would send an email alert when an item on your wishlist went on sale?  Yeah, good times...!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,084

Maybe I should start over-using my wishlist for a while (instead of the cart!); remember when the DAZ store would send an email alert when an item on your wishlist went on sale?  Yeah, good times...!

Although DAZ doesn't do that anymore, there are several replacements. Morgan has something like that, and there's also a new browser addon that doesn't include this feature yet, but it's still available to try separately: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1503061/#Comment_1503061

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,073

I guess I'm just going to have to be philosophical about this, and try to take the hint: I've been buying entirely too much content lately, and maybe it's time to think about dialing it back a bit!

I'm in the same boat - only pro bundles for items I picked up as starter bundles or starter bundles for the pro bundles I've picked up.

Look at it this way -- we're being rewarded as dedicated customers because this sale is NOT designed to suck more money out of our smoking credit cards. :-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,607

Since I don 't really do bundles or character addons, I really can't take advantage of this sale much. I am bummed as I have julie 7 on my wish list since I have a few characters that require her morph and have been waiting for a good deal. I spent my DO PC coupon yesterday, but if I hadn't, I could have gotten Julie for $7, DOH!