Can I create a glowing image on a TV screen or advertising sign using a Iray emissive?

I am trying to create a glowing emissive TV screen (or a lit advertising sign) with an image overlay. I can produce the glowing surface but can't work out how to get that surface to produce a 'glowing' image overlay.

Does that make sense?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Put the diffuse map in the emissive color channel.

• MGMOZMGMOZ Posts: 92

Many thanks Mike. I thought I'd tried that but obviously not! Cheers!

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The Iray Emissive has its color temperature set to an orange yellow, makes it good for flame based lighting but terrible for everything else.  Right click on the cog for the color temperature and select 'reset'.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

In the iRay section there is bloom...I used a value of 200 to get the Carnival Carousel lights to glow that I had changed to emissive.

Quote from a web site:

The three primary types of color temperature for light bulbs are: Soft White (2700K – 3000K), Bright White/Cool White (3500K – 4100K), and Daylight (5000K – 6500K). The higher the Degrees Kelvin, the whiter the color temperature.

The most common soft white (yellow) is 2700K and 5000K (white). 2700K is the temperature of the old fashioned incandescent bulbs for the home.