Leopard skin shader

Hi, 

Does anyone know where I can find a leopard skin shader for Iray?  Like the furify shader for 3delight but ... well...for iray?  Or is there a way I can make my furify shader work in iray?  That'd be even better, actually. 

Thanks in advanced for any help

Comments

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited August 2016

The only fur shader I can think of for Iray is :

http://www.daz3d.com/leather-and-fur-iray-shaders

Not sure it would be suitable for what you are doing but its a PC item so worth a look as perhaps you could adapt it

Post edited by Tottallou on
  • TrishaTrisha Posts: 86

Thanks heaps! :) 

• john_antkowiakjohn_antkowiak Posts: 334
    edited August 2016

I'm editing my earlier response because I can't simply delete it. I was so focused on the "leopard" part of the question that I forgot all about the "fur" part of it. I'm not at all familiar with what "furify" is or what it does. But the idea I had might be of interest to someone anyway as it's a bit outside the box. Here's my original reply:

"Well I hope Trisha hasn't run off to make a purchase; I don't think that shader set has any animal skin patterns in it. All the leather shaders in that set seem to use the same tiling scheme. It's beautiful, but it isn't leopard skin. But I too was looking for an animal skin shader. I came up with a different solution, which I haven't tried yet. I'm looking at all these Cat World people for Genesis 2, thinking that I can take one of their texture maps and apply it to whatever surface I want. Then I'd fiddle with the tiling and offset values until the scale and position reveal the pattern I want on the surface. Then I'd select that surface and apply the Daz Uber base shader. (It's a bit gruesome if you think about it, but hey... welcome to the human race  lol)

But then you might run into an unexpected weird thing. Go check out my thread on Iray ignoring the Vertical Offset values and scroll down to my third post - the conversation took a detour right out of the gate. It's fixable, but it's more fiddling."

Hope that helps!     : )

Post edited by john_antkowiak on