Need help with Genesis 3 Female Expressions

Hello everyone.

I purchased and installed Genesis 3 Female Expressions, however, I am not able to use it.  Basically, I can not find it in "Smart Content".  Being kind of new to DAZ, I do not know if it should be like a 'pose' in smart content or if it's like a 'slider' in the scene editer.  Any advice is appreaciated.  

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

If you have installed it, you should be able to select either the Genesis 3 Female root or the head in the Scene tab and the go to the Parameters tab and go to Pose Controls.  Flip Pose Controls open and under Head, you'll find Expressions.  Once selected, you should see the expression dials.

• tsgtkerrtsgtkerr Posts: 20

Thanks Cris - it was that simple.  I still have a lot to learn.  Thanks again

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    tsgtkerr said:

I do not know if it should be like a 'pose' in smart content 

For future consideration; these pose presets are on/off switches, they turn a feature completely on or completely off. Things like expressions must let you set them only partway on, and mix them so you can have a little bit of one, a little bit more of another. If you mix several expressions at full strength, the result can look anything from "not pretty" to "psychotically disturbed". The only way to do expressions (and similar features) properly is using the dials on the Parameters tab, where you can set the exact value you want to give, and mix it with others if you want.

Note that there is an exception: some of the pre-packaged espression sets you can buy in the DAZ store are made of preset mixes of individual face morphs and expressions, intended for a particular effect, so these will have pose presets in the Content tab to turn them full on or full off.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

I do my expression sets as pose control dials and also presets so you can choose to dial in the epxression a little or more or just use the preset to "switch it on or off completely". 
    I have noticed that many PAs do it this way too but there are still some available that do not have the dials.