dragon to hell discount confusion

IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
edited August 2016 in The Commons

I'm a little confused about this special offer i got
so I took some captures, I got a Exclusive discounts for you... offer today. The offer states

--------------------------------------------------------------Quote-----------------------------------------------------------

Daz wants to thank you for your purchase of Daz Dragon 3 by offering you these exclusive discounts:

Get an EXTRA 20% OFF already discounted artist catalogs from our "Dragon Them To Hell" promotion. - no qualifying purchase required.

Also, get an EXTRA 20% OFF featured "Dragon Them to Hell" new releases when you buy 2 or more featured "Dragon Them to Hell" new releases.

-------------------------------------------------------Quote---------------------------------------------------------------------

My confusion is  the line "Get an EXTRA 20% OFF already discounted artist catalogs from our "Dragon Them To Hell" promotion. - no qualifying purchase required. "

when i put in "Dragon Them to Hell" my cart and try to check out , the extra 20% did not apply, So did I miss something?  (see capture)  or does that extra 20% with no qualifying purchase required. " require addition purchases?

Thanks for any clarification

2.JPG
569 x 294 - 51K
3.JPG
1585 x 733 - 83K
Post edited by Ivy on

Comments

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited August 2016

The 20% discount from artist catalogs (almost) always means excluding new releases and PC+ items, see fine print below. For the 20% on new DTTH releases like the new mythical dragon you need 2 of them in your cart, it reads.

Post edited by bad4u on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

yea I see now you have to have (2) dragon from hell release items in my cart to to get the extra 20%  ( see capture) so the statment to me "Get an EXTRA 20% OFF already discounted artist catalogs from our "Dragon Them To Hell" promotion. - no qualifying purchase required. " means a require addition purchase for the extra 20% is needed   okay I understand now. so there really is no extra discount for the single purchase.  it was just crafted wording to make you think so.& the 80% off dragon 3 does me no good either because i already own dragon 3..lol  well I'll still gonna get the 3dU dragon I think hes cute.. but a little disapointed about not getting the extera 20% off  why bother getting our hopes high with those special disacount alerts when there is no extra discount .lol  (Shakes Head)

Capture.JPG
    1521 x 633 - 68K
  • bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited August 2016

There still IS an extra discount for single item purchases, but only for (not new) items from the artist catalogs listed on bottom of promo page, not for the new releases. The additional 20% brings the 40% artist catalogs discount to 52% discount then.. and there no additional purchase should be required.

Post edited by bad4u on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344
    edited August 2016

I guess this is only for SOME Dragon 3 owners. I purchased the whole pro bundle but sadly no offer for me crying

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited August 2016
    bad4u said:

There still IS an extra discount for single item purchases, but only for (not new) items from the artist catalogs listed on bottom of promo page, not for the new releases. The additional 20% brings the 40% artist catalogs discount to 52% discount then.. and there no additional purchase should be required.

now you can see my confusion..lol why not just offer a straight up extra 20 % off for owning dragon3  for the single offered item with out having to buy 2 or more items totalling over 20 bucks.I guess this special offfer is not going to bennfit me much because i canl only concidering buying the 3dus dragon. i don't have the money to buy additional products at this time.  . now you see my disappointment

Post edited by Ivy on

I guess this is only for SOME Dragon 3 owners. I purchased the whole pro bundle but sadly no offer for me crying

That is what I had purchased was the Dragon Pro Bundle.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

Same here; purchased the Dragon 3 Pro bundle when it came out, but no offer for me; makes me feel like returning the 3DU dragon.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    scorpio said:

Same here; purchased the Dragon 3 Pro bundle when it came out, but no offer for me; makes me feel like returning the 3DU dragon.

Me too :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Ivy said:
    bad4u said:

now you can see my confusion..lol why not just offer a straight up extra 20 % off for owning dragon3  for the single offered item with out having to buy 2 or more items for over 20 bucks..to me this special offfer is not going to bennfit me much because i will only concidering buying the 3dus dragon. i don't have the money to buy additional products. now you see my disappointment

If you read the text that you posted again, you will see that there are actually 2 different offers included.    Offer 1 :-  if you buy older catalogue items from the already discounted PAs then you get extra discount, without needing a qualifying purchase. ,   or offer 2:- If you buy 2 or more "Dragon them" products then you get extra discount

• pdspds Posts: 593

I own most of Dragon 3 items, but no special offer appeared. Maybe because I finally received the 90% off Tween Ryan promo?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I think this mailing is seriously broken, I got it and I don't even own Dragon 3, though it may be on my wish list.

edited August 2016
    Chohole said:
    Ivy said:
    bad4u said:

now you can see my confusion..lol why not just offer a straight up extra 20 % off for owning dragon3  for the single offered item with out having to buy 2 or more items for over 20 bucks..to me this special offfer is not going to bennfit me much because i will only concidering buying the 3dus dragon. i don't have the money to buy additional products. now you see my disappointment

If you read the text that you posted again, you will see that there are actually 2 different offers included.    Offer 1 :-  if you buy older catalogue items from the already discounted PAs then you get extra discount, without needing a qualifying purchase. ,   or offer 2:- If you buy 2 or more "Dragon them" products then you get extra discount

I figured that out, ( blush)   it didn't matter I still bought the 3DUS dragon even if i would have not got the alert notice. he resembles Petes dragon alot.  buying 2 items would be great to get the extra 20% , just not at this time unfortunately .  I guess i need more coffee and wake up a little more before reading these alert notices..lol   Anyway I'll still enjoy my new dragon even if there isn't  extra 20% off 

Post edited by Ivy on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well I want the 3DU dragon but the Dragon 3 price is very high. Even the bundles is not the usual percentage discount so I will wait.

• I got the banner.  Not a lot of artists though, and it's still only about 52% off.  I'll keep waiting.

edited August 2016

This dragon is perfect.  Really cute as far as dragons go..lol

forward.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 83K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Oh my, same procedure... - Also own the Dragon 3 Pro Bundle. First of all it's nice that Daz is finally also thinking of folks who already own stuff they are offering discounted or for free. Now they just need to sort out how to roll it out to everybody. So I'll wait a little and hope for the best until I start complaining ;-)

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Chalk me up as another who owns the DAZ Dragon 3 Pro Bundle, but have no notification of an extra discount (no orange banner, no new messages in my 'exclusive offers')

Hopefully, like the Tween Ryan X0% off for Genesis 3 figures owned promotion, they'll get this fixed in a few hours.....

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    hphoenix said:

Chalk me up as another who owns the DAZ Dragon 3 Pro Bundle, but have no notification of an extra discount (no orange banner, no new messages in my 'exclusive offers')

Hopefully, like the Tween Ryan X0% off for Genesis 3 figures owned promotion, they'll get this fixed in a few hours.....

+1

crying

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 466

Bought Dragon 3 Pro Bundle on release, and no banner for me either. 

• Too bad they didn't throw in the Dragon Pro bundle at discount - I'd have snapped that up. As it is - nah, I'll pass.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738

Same here.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Have to get that, almost purely so that it'll give me an Iray-compatible purple skin for my Dragon 3 characters!

• This should now be showing for bundle-owners too.

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 466

And now I do have the banner. Maybe it's just taking time to get it out for everyone?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

My orange banner showed up! Yay, (I think... Don't know if I can really afford to take advantage of it. But it is nice to know DAZ didn't forget about me.)

I really like the format of the popup message. It looks so much more impressive on the black background!

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    edited August 2016

I got my banner as well, but the various PA discounts are showing in a very spotty manner.  Many of the cheaper and older items in the promo PA libraries are NOT showing any discount.  All of them show discounts correctly in the cart, though.

Post edited by hphoenix on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738

Got the banner too now.

Does anyone know if it includes a texture with wings that aren't holed and ragged? Personally I wish that vendors would always make a default texture which is "new" or clean or whatever you like. Holes, dirt, rags and other signs of wear should be addons. In this case the body actually looks pretty new, so the worn out wings look sort of odd IMO.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

I've got the banner now but have already bought the dragon, So I guess I need to return it hope I get the refund before the offer runs out.

Taozen there's no alternative mat but you can just remove the cutout map and the holes and raggedness goes.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited August 2016
    Taozen said:

Got the banner too now.

Does anyone know if it includes a texture with wings that aren't holed and ragged? Personally I wish that vendors would always make a default texture which is "new" or clean or whatever you like. Holes, dirt, rags and other signs of wear should be addons. In this case the body actually looks pretty new, so the worn out wings look sort of odd IMO.

For those curious, I just did some experimenting. No, unfortunately there isn't a version of the material without those holes. I agree that it's highly useful to have a 'clean' variation of such things, if only so that we can use the same skin on several different characters in the same picture. If they all have exactly the same assymetrical anomalies, that breaks the viewer's willing sense of disbelief.

You can use this skin on any Dragon 3 shape. It's quite good, as I had hoped, to give the conventional ones a purple Iray-compatible skin! The only thing is, that those 'under-belly' scales have a cartoonish look about them, which means you might have to hide them slightly with shadows if you're planning to use it on another shape. However, the actual character's shape makes it really good to use for exxagerated Pixar-style dragons and you can always use existing Dragon 3 morphs to alter the limb proportions and so on. It also looks decent at just adding at, say, around 50%, too.

As a whole, impressive stuff! I'd like to see more Iray stuff for Dragon 3 out there (there was only one set of Iray-related skin textures - which were very good). Especially some glowing eyes in various different colours.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited August 2016

Excuse Me Miss, Is That A Picnic Basket

Rendered in Iray. Stone bridge by Nerd 3d,  HDRi background

Click for best HD View

Post edited by Ivy on