Companion Files question

LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I know this has been discussed a lot elsewhere, but a search is not turning up the answer for me.

I have both Poser Pro 2012 (up-to-date) and DS 4.5 (up-to-date).

Question: Can the Companion Files (for the DSON Importer) be installed in DS 4.5 Studio/My Library?

Thank you!

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

The point of the companion files is that they are in a language and runtime structure that Poser can understand. I prefer to install them in a separate Poser runtime myself. But you should be able to put them under My Library too.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Yes. I install Genesis Companion Files to Studio / My Library. Since a Runtime folder/structure exists in My Library, I'd rather use that than create another Runtime for Genesis.

I know this has been discussed a lot elsewhere, but a search is not turning up the answer for me.

I have both Poser Pro 2012 (up-to-date) and DS 4.5 (up-to-date).

Question: Can the Companion Files (for the DSON Importer) be installed in DS 4.5 Studio/My Library?

Thank you!

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Thank you!

I was hoping My Library would work as I already have 12 runtimes (not counting those in Poser 7 and Poser 2012 and the Content folder), and I certainly did not want to install CFs to all their appropriate runtimes. Also, as I am working on two computers, it would be easier to just sync My Library then all the runtimes each time I have one of my massive product installation days.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I believe the only downside to installing the Poser Companion Files to the DS content folder is that items will show up twice, in both DS format and Poser format. They may be working on a solution for that, however.

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

I have a separate Content folder for props that I have duplicates for in Poser. So it is mainly for DS materials. All the Genesis people, morphs, clothes and hair will be going into My Library. I only connect My Library (not the separate Content folder) to Poser.