Iray hardware settings

Hello there, is it possible to render with iray by only checking GPU ? in this case, the render engine doesn't work and i guess its not good. I have a X99 platform with windows 10 and a 1070 Gtx gpu. Thanks for youre help.

Comments

• The 1070 is noit yet supported - the release of the SDK is currently said to be likely in mid-September, after which updates to DS will be needed.

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    edited August 2016

Iray should work in CPU only mode.  It will be very slow compared to using it with a good GPU, but it should work.

If you have an earlier (i.e., 900 series or earlier) nVidia board that's supported, you can render with GPU now.  If you have a 1000 series card (which you do) you can't yet use Iray on it (nVidia is still working on getting all the SDKs updated to support the Pascal cards.)

Post edited by hphoenix on
  • twitch99twitch99 Posts: 81

Glad I read, this as I was looking at a GTX1080, but will wait, living with my two GTX970 is not that badsmiley

• NansteinNanstein Posts: 43
    twitch99 said:

Glad I read, this as I was looking at a GTX1080, but will wait, living with my two GTX970 is not that badsmiley

I think I would have waited, too, but my 970 went kaputt. Oh my gosh, I almost cried. When I first got that card, I loved it so much. I wanted to name it Fluffy and give it cookies.

I went ahead and bought a 1070 to replace it, but I never stopped to think about whether or not the iRay support is here yet. But it's okay. I have lots of rendering to look forward to, once the support arrives. I'm grateful I don't have to work on anything time-sensitive. It's a good time to have to wait. But wow...a 1080! That will be a beastie! :D

• Hello everybody, thanks a lot for your answers, i know now why it's so long ;-)