Tutorials specific to DS 4.5

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Alot of the tutorials are for older versions of DS . Are the versions for DS 4 the same concepts as for 4.5? I need some detailed help and am not finding it unless someone with lots of experience has time to mentor???

Kharma

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

have you looked on DAZ3D's youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3DCOM ?

What exactly are you having issues with?

Post edited by Szark on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Basically everything...I haven't used DS since version 3 and didn't use that much. Now it's like starting over completely, the program has changed alot. All the tutorials I have read through seem to assume you know alot already. I need a step by step. I installed the program and the genesis essentials but products that show in content library aren't in smart stuff...products that the tutorial say are there aren't there anymore (ie genesis morphs don't include expressions anymore) I installed V5 also so far. It just seems complicated going through folders in different places and only finding products in one and not the other, and not finding things where I think they should go. DS 4.5 doesn't seem to have a manual and like I said the tutorials just seem to skim through the steps. Also the read me files aren't available for all products anymore?

I will just keep searching around and install one thing at a time and trying to find all the parts before I install the next product.

Trial and error *Ho Hum*

Kharma

edited December 1969

Most of these issues arise from people not watching where content gets installed to, generally. All Genesis morphs should go in to the same content directory...it doesn't matter where this folder is located as long as it isn't in Program Files.

Assuming your content has been installed correctly then lets try this for starters.

Whilst in the Scene Pane follow the numbered images in sequence with restarting Daz Studio after step 3 and then do step 4. See how that goes. If it doesn't work then we need to look deeper.

ResetDatabase3.jpg
    301 x 219 - 81K
    ResetDatabase2.jpg
    290 x 218 - 83K
    ResetDatabase1.jpg
    718 x 492 - 233K
    ResetDatabase.jpg
    744 x 570 - 218K
    edited November 2012

When I installed my content i went through custom install to see the path of installation and it is in my documents/my library/...sorry I don't have my computer as I am at work...the program itself is in Program files I believe...whatever the default install is. What about files that have no meta data? they won't show up in smart content...only in the content library?

Kharma

Post edited by Kharma on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    When I installed my content i went through custom install to see the path of installation and it is in my documents/my library/...sorry I don't have my computer as I am at work...the program itself is in Program files I believe...whatever the default install is. What about files that have no meta data? they won't show up in smart content...only in the content library?

Kharma

Correct. Without MetaData they are not Smart. Content Library is the only option for that content, or make your own Metadata which is not easy at all.
    edited December 1969

So everything I have installed so far I installed to the /mylibrary foldr...is that the best way?

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    So everything I have installed so far I installed to the /mylibrary foldr...is that the best way?

Hiope this helps with the above question http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10916/