Weird Spot on my Daz Studio Window... and ideas?

So I opened DS yesterday and saw this (see attached image).  It only shows up in DS not any other program and it seems to be static on the screen, meaning if I move the window around it stay in the same position of the screen, it doesn;t move with the window.  Clicking on it disengages the DS windiw, like when I click outside of the program (turning the top bar from blue to gray).

I thought maybe it was something up with the monitor, so I tried a different monitor... same thing...

Any earthly idea what it is? or possibly what I can do to get rid of it?

What I've done so far:

• Updated Graphics drivers
  • Switched Monitors
  • restarted DS and the PC multiple times
  • ran a virus scan (quick scan and boot time)

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and this is D|S 4.9

Thanks for looking!

bad spot.jpg
1855 x 1016 - 233K

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Do you have any other programs running along with DAZ Studio? I encounter the same sort of thing if I have DAZ Studio and Photoshop open at the same time occasionally, with the PS palettes persisting if I switch to DS - most annoying and I have no idea why it occurs - some sort of video cache thing I suspect.

• SixDs said:

Do you have any other programs running along with DAZ Studio? I encounter the same sort of thing if I have DAZ Studio and Photoshop open at the same time occasionally, with the PS palettes persisting if I switch to DS - most annoying and I have no idea why it occurs - some sort of video cache thing I suspect.

No, nothing else open.

So, I'm using 3 monitors, here's what I experimented with...  I dragged the DS window to a different screen. The spot doesnt occur on either of the other two sceens.  However it stays on the main screen.  I can see it if I move another window to the main screen (see attached image).  It stays there until I close D|S.  The way it acts, it almost seems like a piece of my desktop is in front of the D|S window but remains behind every other window, but takes a screen cap of any window in front of it... The series of images shows something of what I'm talking about.

Like I said, when I close D|S the spot goes away too.  This doesn't happen with Blender or Poser, Photoshop, or any of the myriad of games I play... Just D|S.

badspot2.jpg
    1931 x 1078 - 59K
    badspot3.jpg
    1855 x 1016 - 231K
  • JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Looks and sounds like one of two things...

1: Glitch in the rendering UI of Daz, on your specific hardware setup...

2: Signs of a failing GPU, it is reading memory incorrectly, or from a wrong location, or faulting to a buffer (old image).

I would suggest seeing if any video settings may offer a change. Check things related to Quality vs Speed, or Buffer-sizes. Those two are usually the culprit when it comes to displaying (old screen data) when it should be displaying new data. Where direct memory V-Ram or the GPU controller is not physically decaying.

Microchips don't last forever, they corrode and go bad... Just like hard-drives and screens. Using them or not...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Most likely if you update your video drivers to the latest stable drivers and set the settings to default and the resolution on your screen to default that will fix it. Set DAZ to use default quality settings too. Not 'maximum quality'.

• I have the same problem. Workaround is that i make my pae groups undockable :)