V 4.2 Will Not Load

Victoria 4.2 will no longer load.  Is showing up in the content Library as a script.  Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work, nor does re-importing the meta data.

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,073

Did you install manually, with DIM, or with Connect? Connect won't work (and I don't think any of the generation-4 characters should be available in connect because of this).

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited August 2016

It was installed  with DIM.  Thing is it used to work fine and one day just stopped loading altogether.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,073

OK - been so long since I've played with this I'm not sure what to look for anymore. IIRC this happened to others in the past, but it may have been covered on a previous version of the forum. Is there anything of use in the DAZ FAQ off the 'contact us page'?

Will check it out and see.

• There is a script that runs when Victoria 4.2 is loaded, but you should be loading the CR2 file to do so. Try going to the Content Library, Poser Formats>My Daz 3D Library>Figures>DAZ People, and loading Victoria 4.2.

Tried the Poser Vicky as well.  It didn't work either.

• What happens when you try? Is there anything at the end of the log file (Help>Troubleshoting>View Log) immediately afterwards?

edited September 2016

Had to take a break, do other stuff (sans V 4.2) and think about it a bit.   I recalled that The Kids4 had a similar problem where it would not load if you had the Power Loader installed, so I uninstalled the PL for Victoria 4.2  and Vickie loads just fine now.  I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions and hints.

Actually that was pretty distressing as I had started buying a lot of V4 textures, morphs and clothing during the Daz sale and on renderosity.

I am now very curious as to what exactly happened to make it stop working with the power loader as this seemed to occur on it's own.  I can't seem to remember if I had installed a Daz update or what, but if anyone else should discover that they have the same problem,  try uninstalling your power loader.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on