Can't run DAZ Studio 4.5 and Error when opening the DAZ site.

LyoneLyone Posts: 138
edited December 1969 in The Commons

When I try to log in I get a "not Philip Brownlow?" and it's not my name. To log out I have to click on shop or I get this message:

"
There has been an error processing your requestSQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections
Trace:
#0 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#1 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(300): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#2 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(459): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#3 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(389): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#5 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(169): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('SET NAMES utf8')
#6 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(110): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->_newConnection('pdo_mysql', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#7 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection('core_read')
#8 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(335): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->_getConnection('read')
#9 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(355): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->_getReadAdapter()
#10 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php(134): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->getReadConnection()
#11 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1350): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract->__construct(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#12 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1386): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('core_resource/w...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#13 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/Mage.php(460): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance('core/website_co...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#14 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(208): Mage::getResourceModel('core/website_co...', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website))
#15 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(213): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getResourceCollection()
#16 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(602): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getCollection()
#17 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(460): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
#18 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(344): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initCurrentStore('', 'store')
#19 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#20 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')
#21 {main}
Error log record number: 823175844435
.."

I also have a problem to install DAZ Studio 4.5. I can download it but when I try to run it it gives me the following error message:

" Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

I redownloaded 5-6 times but it's still not working. Anyone else with the same problem?

Best regards.

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

See this thread for your 4.5 problem.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

Kendall

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited December 1969

Hi, thank you so much for the link.

I tried the fix but it doesn't seem to work. When I try the 64 version I get the following message:
    "No error found in rfeasonable space. Assuming no problems" but when I click on the new file I get e message "Windows can't open this file".

Maybe I should try the 32 version. I have read on the thread that the fix worked with the 32 version.

Thank you for your help. I will inform you if I succeed with the 32 version.

Best regards.

edited December 1969

Hi, sorry but it doesn't work. I got the same message with the 32 and the 64 versions I can't open any of the new files. I tried to open one of them with the Internet explorer and I see that it's downloading something but after "downloading", the file is still "blank" and cannot be opened.

Thank you very much for your help. I will wait that DAZ fix this problem.

Best regards.

edited December 1969

Lyone said:
    Hi, sorry but it doesn't work. I got the same message with the 32 and the 64 versions I can't open any of the new files. I tried to open one of them with the Internet explorer and I see that it's downloading something but after "downloading", the file is still "blank" and cannot be opened.

Best regards.

You must have a different problem with that download than the others are having. If you wish I could try to determine what the problem is. If so, PM me.

Kendall

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Lyone said:

Best regards.

Do you realize the file you download is a zip file? sounds like your trying to run the file without unzipping it first. I just downloaded and installed 4,5 with no probs after extracting the zip file.

Sal.

edited December 1969

Hi Sal, thank you for your answer:
    "Do you realize the file you download is a zip file? sounds like your trying to run the file without unzipping it first. I just downloaded and installed 4,5 with no probs after extracting the zip file"

I can't extract or unzip any file. I get the error message when I dubble click on the downloaded file (to unzip it), before the Winzip application opens. The message is a Winzip message. When I close the message I can go in the Winzip application (excuse me for my bad my english) but I just see a folder "Untitled" in the Winzip application. When I click on this folder nothing happens. So I don't have any file in Winzip to extract. But my Winzip application appears to work normally because I can open other zip files.

Best regards.

edited December 1969

Hi Kendall,

It seems that it's a zip problem. I can't even open the zip file. It's like the file is corrupted. I tried to download it nine-ten times and I have downloaded the 32 and the 64 version but none of them are working.

Best regards.

edited December 1969

Maybe it's interessant to know that the size of the downloaded file is 499 839 kb (Windows, 64 version).

Do you have the same size?

Best regards.

edited June 2012

Lyone said:
    Hi Kendall,

It seems that it's a zip problem. I can't even open the zip file. It's like the file is corrupted. I tried to download it nine-ten times and I have downloaded the 32 and the 64 version but none of them are working.

Best regards.

OK. I'm going to assume that the zip you're referencing is the DazStudio zip. Download the utility from my site and unzip it. You will have 2 exe files (for windows). One is 64 bit and the other 32 bit. Try the 32 bit first.

First step is to click on “browse” for the input and then navigate to the damaged installer (zip file in this case).

Next, click on “browse” for the output and type in a unique name for the output file. You may also select a filename from the dialog and change it. If you try to use an existing filename the utility will refuse to run.

Next, click on “Go” If the utility finds an error it can fix it will do so. Otherwise, it will tell you it can’t and will exit.

If it tells you “Done.” then you should be able unzip the newly created file.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Hi Kendall, I did exactly what you wrote but the file I get is like an "empty file", not a zip one. I see that your file (output file) has 499 839 kb, exactly like DAZ studio 4.5 but I can't open it or I don't know how to open it. When I click on your file I get a message "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" and I don't know what to choose.

Best regards.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

Sounds as if you missed the .zip extension so the system doesn't know what kind of file it is.

edited December 1969

"Sounds as if you missed the .zip extension so the system doesn’t know what kind of file it is."

Yes, you are probably right. The file type I get is "File" and not "Winzip file". But I don't know how to open it.

Best regards.

edited December 1969

Lyone said:
    "Sounds as if you missed the .zip extension so the system doesn’t know what kind of file it is."

Yes, you are probably right. The file type I get is "File" and not "Winzip file". But I don't know how to open it.

Best regards.

You need to rename the created file so that it has a .zip at the end. Or you can rerun my utility and make sure that you append a .zip to the end of your output file name.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Hi,

Thank you all for your help. I guess I will wait for the final update. I can play with DAZ Studio 4 for now.

In fact, I'm a Poser user but decided to give DAZ Studio some try. The program has a lot of potential but maybe I have to wait a little bit. But I will definitely continue to buy products for Genesis, just to support DAZ. I really LOVE the DAZ products, the millenium figures and all the stuff, all of them, from the generation 1 to Generation 5 and Genesis.

Best regards.

edited December 1969

Hi Kendall,

Sorry, I didn't see your last post before I wrote mine. I PMed you but I don't know how to read the PM answers. I did what you wrote me, that is to put a .zip name but it still doesn't work. I get the same message I had when trying to opening the DAZ Studio 4.5 zipfile "Cannot open file, it does not appear to be a valid archive...".

Thank you so much for your help. I will play with DAZ Studio 4 and I can wait for the final version of DAZtudio 4.5.

Best regards.