Mark for Kids 4 comes as GA-Mark and GA-Mark-NS. What's NS?

I can see that the mats are different, but I'm curious about why there are two versions and what "NS" stands for.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited August 2016

Well I searched for 'Mark for Kids 4' and I only get one product returned if you don't count the bundle it is included in. Maybe NS means Not for Sale. Somebody should come along shorty that knows for sure. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 278
    edited August 2016

Well I searched for 'Mark for Kids 4' and I only get one product returned if you don't count the bundle it is included in. Maybe NS means Not for Sale. Somebody should come along shorty that knows for sure. 

Thanks for checking. I explained it badly: Theere is only "Mark for Kids 4." When you download it, there are two folders in the Runtime, each with the same things in them—mats, morphs, etc.—but one folder is named GS-Mark and the other is GS-Mark-NS. When I apply the mats, they're obviously different, so maybe the different sets are intended for different lighting.

Post edited by will shetterly on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

I have a feeling that the -NS version is 'non-shader', meaning it doesn't use the poser shader system, so would be better in DS or early versions of Poser

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I was going to say No-Shader as that was the only thing I thought other than Not for Sale. Could be artist's initials too. 

• Ah, No Shader or Non-Shader makes sense—the NS mat seems flatter than the other one. Thanks, SimonJM and nonesuch00!