Locating My Characters in the Scene

When I'm using an environment that comes with multiple cameras, how do I locate my figure without losing the camera setting? The figure always comes into a default location, but the new camera in the environment might not be right there. For instance, I was using Alessandro_AM's Lost World and I brought in Michael 6. The camera setting I used in the Lost Wrold set is in a different location from where Michael comes in. He appears to be buried somewhere in the rocks. Does DAZ Studio have a tool that will bring figures into the camera that I'm using? Even though I've been using DAZ Studio for years, I realize that there are still things I need to learn.

Comments

• Hold down the Alt key (Opt for Mac), drag the item inb from the content pane, and use the target icon as a guide - release the mouse before releasing the key. Note that this won't help if your scene is vertical, the figure still loads at ground level.

Another option would be to create a new null and parent it to your camera, with Parent in Place set off (that will snap the null to the camera).- z-translate the null backwards until you can see it, zero its rotations, then set its parent to Universe with Parent in Place on (this will free it while leaving  it where it is). Now you can parent the newly loaded items to the null with Parent in Place off and they will snap into view. Much fiddlier than the modifier drag, but ti will work even if the landing spot is off the ground level.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 770

Thanks, that's a great help. The first suggestion worked. I had to scale my figure to fit the scene, but it worked. I tried the other, but I couldn't parent to Universe, because I couldn't find anything called Universe. Any clues how to find that?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,440

Parent to "None".

• Sorry, I think it is or was Parent to Universe somewhere but I was going from memory.