Trying to uninstall 32-bit DAZ Studio

Hi, I have both the 32-bit and 64-bit Studio installed and am trying to uninstall the 32-bit version, but neither it nor the 64-bit have created uninstallers anywhere .... I don't want to simply delete the folder for obvious reasons; any ideas please? (I have checked the folders in my start menu, and via my file explorer, and tried finding it in the Windows Program Uninstaller)...thanks!

Comments

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,745

Use DAZ Install Manager.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Hi, I have both the 32-bit and 64-bit Studio installed and am trying to uninstall the 32-bit version, but neither it nor the 64-bit have created uninstallers anywhere

The usual advice for this situation used to be to reinstall D|S 32-bit; this should overwrite all the program files, and also create a proper uninstaller that you can use to wipe the program cleanly.

Where were you looking for the uninstaller? I usually find it on the Start menu, in the DAZ3D folder.

• The usual advice for this situation used to be to reinstall D|S 32-bit; this should overwrite all the program files, and also create a proper uninstaller that you can use to wipe the program cleanly.

Where were you looking for the uninstaller? I usually find it on the Start menu, in the DAZ3D folder.

Thanks, but I already tried reinstalling - via the Install Manager though; perhaps I should try  a hard install? And yes, I've looked in all the usual places for the uninstaller, it isn't there. In fact, in the Studio folder itself there is no uninstaller that I can see, unless it's well disguised under another name, lol!

• Thanks Ron, bit confused though - do you mean to uninstall? Didn't know you could do that from DIM ... I always use it for installing though, and it keeps my Daz updated, so my installing is always done via that. I just tried to open it to see if there is a way to uninstall through it but for some reasons it's saying it can't get into my account and I must verify password, whch I've done but it's still refusing. Will try again later. Oh, now it's refusing to post this ... maybe Daz is down for the moment or something. Later, then!