animate2 Keyframes not working for me

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

In Daz Studio 4, I created an aniblock from the timeline for Aiko 3 and now currently have only 2 keyframes for her in the aniblock and none on the timeline (except for frame 1.)

The two keyframes in the aniblock are for her hand in a closed pose. In between the two keyframes the hand is in an open pose. I guess I must have had a keyframe in the middle which is now gone. In any case, I had hoped that the two end frames with closed hand poses would cause the in between frames to also be a closed hand.

Since that didn't work, I tried pasting a closed hand keyframe on the in between frames and it had no effect. I don't understand why pasting a keyframe (with and without the hand selected) doesn't change the pose of the hand!

I've tried selecting all the inbetween frames and setting a zero key and that didn't work either. I tried clearing all keyframes and starting over. I've tried doing the pasting of keyframes on the base layer and level 1 with the hand selected and with just Aiko selected and nothing worked - the inbetween hand remains in an open pose. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited June 2012

Any animation in an aniBlock overrides animation outside of an aniBlock.

So for example, create an aniBlock with an open hand, and exit the aniBlock editing. Now keyframes will go on DAZ Studio Timeline keys. So if you now go to another frame and do a closed pose (on DS Timeline keys), when you go to a different frame the closed pose will be forgotten, because the aniBlock takes over, and all DS Timeline keys are lost.

Post edited by carolinebegbie on
  • edited December 1969

Carnite-

Thanks for your response. I may not have been clear enough about my problem, but I already knew the info you provided, which is why I was surprised that the only keyframes I have (which are in an aniblock) don't override the DS timeline and don't change the pose that is in between the keyframes. I'm also surprised that yours was the only reply to my question. So I'm going to move it to the DS Discussion forum in case this was the wrong place to post it. As a result, if you have further info, please post it in that forum. In any case, I thank you again for your response.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i think not enough people do animation in studio as it's to difficult to do and not user friendly.
    i read on the old forum daz is working on animation setup for dazstudio 5.
    until then i think we have to wait.

• animajik_6696dda723animajik_6696dda723 Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

i think not enough people do animation in studio as it's to difficult to do and not user friendly.
    i read on the old forum daz is working on animation setup for dazstudio 5.
    until then i think we have to wait.

While, I agree D|S could use an overhaul of it's animation tools, it's hardly unusable!
    I animate exclusively in D|S 3 since I'm more comfortable with it (learning DS4 and hope start using it more)

I find it's relatively fast and easy at creating animation. I used to use poser years ago, but when DS2 came out and I gave it a spin, I never looked back!

It's like any new software, there's always a learning curve to deal with. Do some of the tutorials and you'll be up to speed in no time.

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com