Pre Render selection and Interactive mode

harrykimharrykim Posts: 225

Hi there,

DS4.9 ( Basic adjustments: Iray Render, Viewport and AuxViewport in Nvida Iray mode, Scene only in interactive mode )

I have 2 questions. The first is according  to the image you see. Why the pre render selection in Viewport does not correspond to the one in AuxViewport , respectively ... how can I bring them to match up ?

The 2nd question is regarding the story behind ...

Step by step I came to the end of dead end. I selected the interactiv mode to have more influence to lights and shadows. My major problem is that even after 1 hour the pre render is at 0% ( thats why I cannot answer question 1 by myself because I cannot see which selection will become rendered ). So I just checked it re with a pre render in photoreal mode ( 3min 49 sec smoking break ) Viewport and Aux match up and output is according to what is selcted. But you know, in photoreal you get somthing other then in interactive. Lots of shadows for example ...

So the question is, ... Is interactive mode made for render ?

Btw. I let do the job first the cpu and then GeForce card. Could not notice if one shows up an advantage

Screenshot (21).png
1366 x 768 - 326K
Post edited by harrykim on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

The Geforce card should render faster. Results should be the same between CPU and GPU render.