PA sale starting soon?

13»

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Gah... My wallet just fainted. surprise blush

My wallet is fine, it's my credit card that's just screamed in terror and is now hiding at the bottom of the garden.

Cheers,

Alex.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Don't forget we're in Encryption/DRM territory now, so (if you're bothered by that) you'll need to be careful about what the sale entails. If it's "buy something today to get someotherthing cheap tomorrow" then you could get caught out - especially if there's a no refund policy.

I thought they did away with that? I don't recall seeing any new encrypted items since the original flurry.

You can find a list here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/89246/get-your-encrypted-daz-connect-content-here-thread/p1

Latest was released on August 23.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    Petercat said:

Has it started or not, banner seems to say it's started today ?

Yes, I just purchased the terrain kit and other related stuff. Sale is working. Although for some weird reason, it went from $113.99 in my cart to $114.00 at checkout. Should I ask for a $.01 refund?

I really should. CS could probably use a laugh.

No clue about Daz CS, but when I was working customer service we wouldn't have been amused about a bunch of work over a penny...

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    Khory said:
    Petercat said:

Yes, I just purchased the terrain kit and other related stuff. Sale is working. Although for some weird reason, it went from $113.99 in my cart to $114.00 at checkout. Should I ask for a $.01 refund?

No clue about Daz CS, but when I was working customer service we wouldn't have been amused about a bunch of work over a penny...

The more people report this issue, hopefully the sooner it gets fixed. For some reason the cart page rounds numbers differently than the checkout page. It happened to me several times that I checked the final price, prepared the exact amount in PayPal (need to do conversions from local currency), then went to check out, and I no longer had enough money. And I could no longer buy the products I wanted. All because of a penny. (Of course, I added that extra penny, but as you said: "a bunch of work over a penny".)

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    Ati said:
    Khory said:
    Petercat said:

The more people report this issue, hopefully the sooner it gets fixed. For some reason the cart page rounds numbers differently than the checkout page. It happened to me several times that I checked the final price, prepared the exact amount in PayPal (need to do conversions from local currency), then went to check out, and I no longer had enough money. And I could no longer buy the products I wanted. All because of a penny. (Of course, I added that extra penny, but as you said: "a bunch of work over a penny".)

Last time I bought a gift card i was overcharged by 48 cents (the 14 percent discount was not calculated correctly, discount was only 13.75% for some reason), so its more than just a rouding problem. I never bothered to report it though.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    Scavenger said:

What does "Still New" mean?  I tested it, and it doesn't seem to be just things with the new banner, so it must be something else?

In case no one else has chimed in; the PAs featured on a given day, rotate quickly. Sometimes the deepest discounts on release only last for 2-3 days and then the roduct reverts to a standard 30% intro discount. The "still new" generally means something that launched yesterday or the day before.

Don't know whether they are doing that this year, but since the phrase has already surfaced, they probably will.

• Gentlemen, start your credit cards...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

ready and waiting for the ice ceam parlor

like that gameshow, hit the buzzer fast, family fued was the one

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm really pretty happy there isn't anything I want today. Not that the TerraDome doesn't look awesome, but I don't need large terrains very often. And I'm not sure my poor ol' computer could handle it. (I can't run Infinito, and products I have that were created with Infinito slow DAZ down to a crawl.)

Sadly for my budget, wallet, and (gulp!) credit card, I'm also pretty sure DAZ not having any new products I want won't last long.

• Gah... My wallet just fainted. surprise blush

Perhaps it needs to go on a diet?

No, it's frightened; it faints when badly scared. wink

• Daz Schedule of Major Sales Events

March = Madness sale

June = PC+/Daz Summer Sale

September = PA Sale

October = PC+/Daz Annual Sale

December = Holiday Sale

Are these correct? Did I miss something?

So we can get our wallets ready  :-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

there is always a sale 

your wallet should be primed and loaded already cheeky

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627

...mine is still gasping for air from the Summer PC+ sale

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980
    edited August 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

there is always a sale 

your wallet should be primed and loaded already cheeky

yes