DAZ Dragon 3 eye problem

Hi

I've purchased DAZ Dragon 3 a few days ago. And now that I've tested it, it has an eye problem.

When I work with the creature in Texture Shaded it's fine. But when i render in Iray the eyes are all white.

How can I fix that?

I've only worked with DAZ and 3D for a month. Please keep that in mind when answering. Thanks

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited August 2016

Are you seeing a similar problem with the claws, horns, and teeth? Do you have only the Dragon 3, or some of the add-ons? The Dragon on its own is not set up for Iray, which is a very new option for DAZ|Studio rendering. Most of the Dragon's default materials will automatically translate when you render, but the shiny eye surface frequently does not work well (this applies to most figures, including the free Genesis base human figures, if they don't have Iray materials).

Two things you can do. Either change the render engine from Iray to the old 3Delight, by going into the Render Settings tab and change the setting at the top. Note that this will change your scene lighting, as the Iray setting includes a default Environment light.

Or, you can change the eye material to work with Iray.

• Select the Dragon figure
    • Switch to the Surfaces tab, open the Dragon figure in the lit, then open the Surfaces selection inside that. You want the Eye Surface material, so select it.
    • Go to the Content Library tab, look in the Shader Presets folder, then Iray, then DAZ Uber.
    • Scroll down until you see the Water - Thin setting, and double click on it. This will let the top surface of the eye look shiny when you render and reflect any lights shining directly into your critter's face.

Note that, again, this works for any figure's eyes, not just the dragon. BTW, Texture Shaded is a viewing setting, Iray is a rendering setting; just to clear up any confusion.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • jakobrhjakobrh Posts: 98

Thanks

I choose the Iray solution and it worked.

• pkleisterpkleister Posts: 0

hi
    i also don't have the eyes rendered on the dragon.
    tried to follow this advise, but i nowhere find this material-setting within the eyes surface. could you help?

eyes surf.png
    538 x 844 - 75K