Dynamic Clothing Panel missing

Windows 10, DS 4.9, 4gig ram, Same system I've been using successfully for about a month. And about a month before that before I finally was able to get gamma correction working.  Before that it was not properly loading MATs.  Reinstalls fixed those problems.  This is a new laptop and my previous laptop worked the same.  Only similarity between the two is manufacture (first was Toshiba, New is HP and the other thing is that I had the drive from the Toshiba installed in the HP so I would have to reinstall all my apps. 

Dynamic Clothing Panel is missing and when I try to load dynamic clothing the only thing that loads is the rig.

I want so much to switch from Poser to DS and everytime I turn around something else isn't working. 

Current problem:

DS was working nicely.  Dynamic clothing was loading properly and draping properly.  When my sceen was built I went to access my clothing control settings and couldn't find them.  I tryed reinstalling them.  No luck.  Tried everything I could thing of without results.  I finally decided to uninstal and reinstall everything.

I first uninstalled all content from DS with the IM

I then uninstalled DS and IM, and all the content that was downloaded (attacking the app data content too)

I then reinstalled the im manager, D/Led all the content again. 

I ensured that DS was installed first and then the Dynamic Control Control plugin

I then let the IM install about 75% of my content including my Dynamic clothing.

I then started DS AGAIN and now the Dynamic Clothing Panel is missing.  Not even listed in the Windows Panels menu.

Uninstalled and reinstalled again:  Same result. Not only is the Panel missing and no clue if the plugin is working without the panel and clothing.

When I load a dynamic clothing article the only thing that loades is the rigging component into the sceen, nothing is installed on the figure or showing on the sceen menu.  This was after the first reinstall and continues.

I basically Love the DS design and would love to use it but I'm so frustrated with running into things everytime I get close to having a sceen ready.  Yeah, sometimes its cocpit error but other times it takes an uninstall and reinstall.  This last time I made sure that after the uninstall I rebooted the computer and after the reinstall I rebooted again.

This is so frustrating.  Somebody took a lot of time designing a great system and I know things happen with softare no matter how carfully you test (was a software developer years ago) but this is not even consistant unless an upgrade was made w/o knowing but I don't see any rev increase.  Arggg. 

Anybody have any Ideas?  I'm not coming up with any ideas to try next and cant find the same problem in the forum.  I don't want to redo what I've already done twice with the same result and confirm my insanity, I'd rather keep that part secret.

Bruce

Comments

• bruce_5a50d8e52bbruce_5a50d8e52b Posts: 47
    edited August 2016

BTW:  when I first installed the plugin several months ago, it worked fine including installing a fan in my sceen and blowing the clothing so the system itself should be okay.

I just thought of another posible test but I don't expect it will matter.  I will install the DS but hold the plugin intall the dynamic content is loaded, check to see if the dynamic clothes load and install properly and go from there.  Just wanted to throw that in so it won't have to be suggested here.

Post edited by bruce_5a50d8e52b on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

install the dynamic plugin later in the process.

Is it not available through Window>Panes (Tabs) ?

• in the process of trying that now.  Yes, it does show in the product path.  I will report results

edited August 2016

Well, that is WHERE the problem is but not the cause or solution:

Current state:

Uninstalled DS again and removed all downloaded content from both DS and IM. 

Redownloaded and Installed DS.

Redownloaded and installed V4. and tested.  V4 loaded fine and Dynamic Clothing PANEL was in the pane list and I could put in place on my tabs.  I then closed DS and installed a piece of Dynamic Clothing brought up DS and loaded V4 and then placed the dynamic dress I D/Led on V4;  No Problem

I then redownloaded the Dynamic Clothing Control plugin again and reinstalled it.  THAT is where the problem seems to be.  I don't know what's causing it. I lost the dynamic clothing PANEL again and the only part of the dynamic clothing installed again was the rigging.  I then uninstalled the plugin and tested and put on the clothing, went on without trouble.  I then left DS OPEN, installed the plugin.  I can still put on dynamic clothing and drape properly but now the Plugin doesn't show its controls and the only tabs on my dynamic clothing panel are Garment and Panel.  Closed DS, Opend it, no panel, no Clothing only loads rig, and no parameters (none expedted) for the plugin.  ARG.....   If there is going to be a non-direct problem I'm usually the one that gets it.  I spent 2 weeks with an Adobe R&D technition once trying to trouble shoot a problem (turned out to be a Windows problem) but my point is, noting is straight forward with me.

And in answer to your previous question:  No, Dynamic Clothing panel does NOT even show in the windows, panes list once the plugin is loaded.

Well, that is WHERE the problem is but not the cause or solution:

Current state:

Uninstalled DS again and removed all downloaded content from both DS and IM. 

Redownloaded and Installed DS.

Redownloaded and installed V4. and tested.  V4 loaded fine and Dynamic Clothing PANEL was in the pane list and I could put in place on my tabs.  I then closed DS and installed a piece of Dynamic Clothing brought up DS and loaded V4 and then placed the dynamic dress I D/Led on V4;  No Problem

I then redownloaded the Dynamic Clothing Control plugin again and reinstalled it.  THAT is where the problem seems to be.  I don't know what's causing it. I lost the dynamic clothing PANEL again and the only part of the dynamic clothing installed again was the rigging.  I then uninstalled the plugin and tested and put on the clothing, went on without trouble.  I then left DS OPEN, installed the plugin.  I can still put on dynamic clothing and drape properly but now the Plugin doesn't show its controls and the only tabs on my dynamic clothing panel are Garment and Panel.  Closed DS, Opend it, no panel, no Clothing only loads rig, and no parameters (none expedted) for the plugin.  ARG.....   If there is going to be a non-direct problem I'm usually the one that gets it.  I spent 2 weeks with an Adobe R&D technition once trying to trouble shoot a problem (turned out to be a Windows problem) but my point is, noting is straight forward with me.

And in answer to your previous question:  No, Dynamic Clothing panel does NOT even show in the windows, panes list once the plugin is loaded.

Have you registered it? Help>About Installed Plugins.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Have you checked to make absolutely sure the version of the Dynamics plugin downloaded by DIM is the one that works with the D|S version you're installing? The Dynamics plugin is one of the weird ones; every time D|S gets an update, so does the plugin, and the two must match or the plugin doesn't work. The way to check is to look at the version numbers, the current D|S is 4.9.2.70 and the Dynamics plugin is 1.6.2.70 — the last two numbers ".2.70" are the critical ones.

Note that there is another way to cause the plugin to glitch, but you seem to have avoided it by installing stuff separately. (When installing everything in one go using DIM, it's possible for the plugin installer to be downloaded before the D|S program installer is finished; this means the free plugin included with D|S will install later and replace the full plugin, causing Weird Stuff™ to happen.)

• Your Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in is a fresh download - is your version of DS also current?

• Dynamic plugin version is 4.9+

DS version is 4.9 (latest version, downloaded this morning as was the plugin)

Activate: well I feel like a computer novice for forgetting that one but it only soved part of the problem.  Now the Dynamic Clothing panel isn't removed when the plugin is installed but the plugin still doesn't do what it's suppose to do.  The dynamic clothing panel still only has the tabs "Garment" and "Panel" there should be a physics tab and I don't remember what others should be there.

In the panel tab the clothing parts are listed but you can't do anything with them.  There are no controls Where is the physics tab?  Fan, Gravity, etc.  Used to be there.

I'm including screen shots here because it better illustrates the current state.  The figure is V4.2, Clothing is the Century Nightgown.  Its set to fit V4 in the parameters.  The first shot shows the state of the studio with the garment tab selected.  The second shot shows the state with the Panel tab selected.  This is probably a cocpit issue but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Thank you all for your help so far.

Bruce

scrn1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 106K
    scrn2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 109K
    edited August 2016

That looks like it could be the free version.

"Help>About Installed Plugins." this normally turns the free version to the paid for version.

uninstall both.

Install Studio, then the plugin.

Check to make sure the plugin is registered; copy and paste from "My Serial Numbers", just to be sure the correct code is entered.

EDIT

Sometimes spaces creep in when copy and pasting. I copy codes to a .txt doc and make sure no erroneous characters lurking at the start or end when I have issues.

Post edited by nicstt on
    edited August 2016

Hi Nicstt:   Yeah, uninstalled and reinstalled DS, IM, Dynamic Clothing Control, multiple times. AND, removed the content each time too, just incase there was corruption in the content files (I know, not likely but...).  Last time I did not uninstall the IM, only its content so it was forced to redownload all the DS content again EXCEPT the plugin.  I then activated the plugin with the serial number provided.  I then installed the plugin.  I don't know how to prove that the plugin is installed but the Panel tab did not show the list of sections before so I'm hoping that is a positive indicator.

• Just checked the plugin status and it is properly activated according to the flag But yes, it does look like the basic version

edited August 2016

I'd raise a ticket.

Once you made sure to install the correct version for the Studio version, and then registered, it should be fine. So I'm out of ideas.

... Well, you do own the full version of Dynamic Control?

I'm presuming you had access to the panels (present in the full version) previously?

Just put all this info in the ticket.

EDIT

Uninstall Studio and Plugin, then -

I repsoned to a post in anothe thread you did; but in case you miss it:

Delete the downloads; then redownload the latest version of both; if you delete Studio and the Dynamic Plugin, you should then get the correct and compatible versions; install the plugin after studio.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Yeah, purchassed the full version and it did initially work.  I'm shooting a screen shot of the plugin-status just incase I'm missing something but I will definately put in a service ticket.

plugin-status.jpg
    768 x 546 - 79K
  • Everyone,

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it greatly.  I hope sometime I'll be able to over the same quality help.

Bruce

You have both versions there; I notice I only have the the one, and it's working fine; can you uninstall the basic version?

Yes, that having both plugins visible in the Installed list is definitely a "Shouldn't Happen" event. When the full version is installed, it's supposed to deactivate the basic version. Include a mention of that in your support ticket.

Something that just occurred to me; did you have D|S running when you installed the plugin? That's generally Not A Good Idea™ as it causes Weird Stuff™ to happen — any time you're installing a program of some sort (which includes some plugins), you must close D|S first. It's probably also a good idea to do the same when installing content, as some of the detect-new-content and adding-new-stuff-to-the-database routines are part of the D|S startup.

• Hi all,

Just a note to keep all you great support suggestions.  I finally resoved it before they responded to my help ticket. I once again uninstalled DS and the clothing control, deleted both from my content list so they would be forced to DL fresh once again, LEFT all the content and the IM alone this time.  Re D/L both again and installed and now its working.  I've marked the support ticked resolved.  If anyone has the same problem I would recomend this fix first.  It kind of bothers me that DS didn't install corectly and inconsistantly but I'm sure it will be resolved next version.

Thanks again for all your help

Bruce

LEFT all the content and the IM alone this time.

Good to hear it works now. FWIW if you have any other problems in the future, it's almost always unnecessary to wipe and redownload all your content if all you're doing is reinstalling the D|S program. The content files and the database file that lets the Smart Content tab etc. know how to find it are stored in separate locations from the program and are completely unaffected by an uninstall/reinstall of D|S. Any future problem you might have is much more likely to be due to a single content item — reinstalling the lot every time will almost always make no difference; all it does is suck up your download bandwidth and take up time.