Is is possible to convert old poser magnet presets for studio to accept them?

greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 500
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have some old poser magnet sets for older characters (v2, m2, v3, m3, etc.) and I was wondering if it was possible to "fix" them so that studio can read them and create the appropriate dformers. If this is possible, could someone kindly explain the process?

Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,208
    edited December 1969

They shouldn't need conversion, but what version of DS are you using? There were a few when it was not always creating the DForms for sets or items with multiple Dforms or magnets - I think 4.5.1.6 is OK though.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

Thanks RIchard, I will have to give them a try in the latest version. I believe I was using a slightly older version of 4.5 pro when I tried them before. Been away from this for 2 or so years but slowly getting back into the swing of things, still lots of new things to learn though.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

Ok further testing with 4.5.1.6, I load V3 then load the magnets preset. I can verify that the dformers were created on the dform tab when I hit add node I can see them but they do not seem to be applied to V3 upon load? Do I have to manually add them to each node they belong to on V3?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,208
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't - I just tried applying one of the A4 Magnet fit sets to V4 and it worked correctly. The bug I reported is marked as fixed in 4.5.0.146, which is before 4.5.1.6.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

IIRC there are a couple of magnet sets out there that have never worked in DS, some are from the Gen 3 era, it wouldn't be something like that your using.