FIERCE V4 (.MC6) - Not DAZ Compatible

These textures don't work in DAZ.

Just a warning.

JD

Comments

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453

I thought that .MC6 materials could at least be loaded via the Poser/Materials library... but not through the Poser/Pose library...? Hmmmm... let me check this out; BRB...

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited July 2016

Basic info from MC6 files can be read but if it uses more advanced nodes then it will not.

JD, file a ticket and request an update.  It may or may not be done though since its an older V4 product.

Post edited by Mattymanx on

Yes... .MC6 material files will apply at least the texture, opacity, bump maps, so if you have a product that comes ONLY with .mc6 material files you can still apply them in DS, though as with all Poser formatted materials you will need to make some adjustments. There was a time when DS did not recognize .mc6, but that was quite some time ago.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513

The MC6 files can be converted to PZ2.  I saw a thread in the Carrara forum where a kind soul has a free tool that will make it simple:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/84580/browse/10/Software-and-Tools/MC6-to-PZ2-Batch-Converter

• jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 587
    edited July 2016

I have many old sets with .mc6 files, from when I used poser,  I have never seen them successfully load in DAZ.

I just attempted to load a .mc6 texture from a clothing set a few minutes ago, and nothing happens.

Is MC6 compatibility a new development?

Thanks for the converter link, I will try that.

Post edited by jdavison67 on

What version of Daz Studio are you using?